1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Taking it Up Another Notch (1)

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by Northern Dancer, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Taking it up another notch (1)
    For those who like to canoe and camp.

You have heard about it, probably seen videos,
    read a book or an article and even contemplated the possibility.
    Well...what's stopping you from actually giving it a try?

THE UNACCOMPANIED CANOE CAMP TRIP

upload_2015-10-23_18-12-14.jpeg
    It looks inviting doesn't it?

"Hold on a minute!" I just said that I was contemplating." "I didn't say I was going to do it." "Why not, what's holding you back?" "I mean, really...what's holding you back?"

"I think it is called...fear."

"So, to get the show on the road and the canoe into the water you need to look at your fears realistically." "The word is real. Most of our fears are unfounded in terms of actual likelihood." "If you let fear take hold there is a good chance you will never embrace the rich challenges of life and never really fully enjoy the you that was meant to be."

"You could have drowned - but you learned to swim." " You may not have gotten the job - but you were hired." "You were afraid of driving - but you got your license."You thought that you would be rejected - but you are happily married now - with children no less."

"The list goes on and on and though life is filled with dangers we encounter them and somehow our character transforms into the respected people we are."

"Okay...okay...let's not get heroic or mushy here - we are talking about a simple beginners canoe trip not a canoe trip to mars."

What is the first thing to do?

Do it!

:beaver: In the next session I will share the How To :beaver:

Draft saved Draft deleted