1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Tent accessories

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by AurelioLeo, Mar 19, 2013.

1. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

What kind of tent accessories do you bring with you on your camping trip? I like to bring extra stakes, some 550 paracord, tent light, and a large tarp. I get alot of my camping suppiles at Walmart how about you?

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I clicked this thread to come in and post about a light but it looks like you already mentioned that. How do you mount the light inside your tent?

What I normally do is just tie some rope around the test posts near the top and then hang a flashlight or battery powered lamp off it, its also good for hanging your clothes.

3. Lita11

Lita11 Newbie

1) Bed
    2) Portable toilet
    3) food saver

4. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

If my car is handy to my camp site I bring along a cot and lanterns and a cook stove. I also bring extra tarps for a extra ground cover, as well as, a tarp for over a picnic table and extra one for over my tent if needed. I like camping in the State Parks where all my friends and I, still use tents. So tent lights come in handy, plus flashlights for finding the bathroom in the middle of the night. And of course the good ole cooler & lots of food.
    If I am camping off in the woods the extra rope and tent stakes, and tarps are still a welcome sight if the weather turns nasty.

5. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

reply: The model of tent I picked for myself has a small net that hangs down in which you can place a light there. I like to use my solar light with backup lithium battery power. I use it light at night and recharge it during the day. I like the lithium backup batteries just in case the solar power did die out. I got 40 lumens in which is plenty to brighten up a tent.

6. In camping, a sleeping bag, a non-spill bottle and FoodSaver FM5200 have become indispensable for me, this helps me to always keep food fresh and I can use them much longer than without a saver.
    In camping, a sleeping bag, a non-spill bottle and FoodSaver FM5200 have become indispensable for me, this helps me to always keep food fresh and I can use them much longer than without a saver.

And what food saver are you use?

7. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Nice to see you online mariruvDRoji201 [interesting handle]. I don't think of accessories as much as I do about comfort and necessity. So, it's really whatever I want or desire. In terms of canoe camping, I don't usually take anything that needs refrigeration simply because the effort takes up space needed for other items. When I'm at a base camp I can bring anything. Planning is of the most importance.

8. Thanks for the answer, Northern Dancer.

I also want to buy myself a canoe, but I haven’t had this experience before. Maybe any tips to start? :)

9. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

-----> The first canoe I purchased was a big mistake. So...what I learned then I'll pass on to you now. Research, Research, Research! Don't be in a hurry to purchase anything and when you do make sure it is on sale. Like a brand new car, it depreciates considerably after you have paid for it. Ask yourself some questions - What I'm I going to use it for? How often do I plan to use it? How much I'm I prepared to pay?

My canoe when brand new was $2,500.00 but I use it a lot for tripping. It is extra lite [one of the reasons for the cost] but it can take 700 pounds. I love it. Before I got around to making a commitment I did a lot of research as I've already suggested. Then I rented canoes for trips to get a sense of what I might like and not like. Then when I was satisfied I went looking. There are a lot of spring sales and after season sales that I checked out before I finally made a purchase. When buying some manufacturer's outlets let you try them out at their marinas. If you are buying new from a source you can select options for your canoe - things like colour, weight, length, etc. You will need a canoe carrier for your car/van rooftop. You will have to purchase life jackets, proper paddles, and other safety stuff like bailers, whistles according to local laws.

Well - that's a start - I hope I've been helpful. Always open for discussion.

10. Great life hacks for camping. I will also reveal to you one secret that will make your camping clearly more enjoyable. This is https://wildbounds.com/ where you can buy all the things you need for camping or hiking. Hope it will be helpful.

Draft saved Draft deleted