1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Tent or Camper?

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by Francy, Jun 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. William

William Novice Camper

2. To get the real camping experience I would say a tent. But maybe that is because I have never used a camper. It would be nice to have a camper that is already set up and ready to go. Tents are nice to experience more of the outdoors.

3. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

I would much rather a camper to a tent. Though, I do agree with some of the above statements, it depends on how far your going and for how long. If its only for a day or two, and closer to home, then we would probably just use a tent.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I can't take a camper on a canoe trip:). Though...I have some mighty big tents.

5. JoAnn

JoAnn Newbie

I think this comes down to one's personal desires, if you are going camping to just get away from technology and everyday luxury's then you would probably want a tent, it allows you connect with nature. However if you don't really prefer the idea of sleeping outdoors then a camper and it's modern luxury's would probably be your best pick.

6. scrapper

scrapper Novice Camper

I also had a mighty big tent once, It was so big, the size of the dining room of a house or a military campaing tent, it belonged to my pa, but nowadays is just a old and ragged pile of fabric stained by fungus. It Takes several hours to properly settle with anchor and ropes.

7. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I sold my 12 X 20 four season Alaknak to a guy in Edmonton Alberta. Though I still have two left (9X9 and a 10X10) I miss the big one for longer stays. Like you say it's like having a cabin to sleep in. The fun part of it was that I made tent furniture to compliment the space. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted