1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

The Fisherman's Unhook'em Tool

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by 2sweed, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

When we are off on a backpacking trip or camping trip, eating fish is very popular, and so hitting the streams or lake early in the morning or early in the evening, is just the thing to do.

Just when the fishing is going well and they are biting and everyone is having fun, that is when you catch that fish that has the hook buried in his mouth or lower stomach area that seems impossible to get out. There are ways to get that hook out without this tool, but often for a beginner it can be a hardship trying to hold the fish and figure out the best way to approach the subject without hurting the fish.

This tool is amazing. It makes removal of a fish hook simple and less damaging to the fishes mouth or your own fingers. The following video shows the proper use of this tool and how easy it is to use. Looks like it would be a perfect tool for women and children to use as well as that male professional in the family.

If anyone here has used this tool or wants to just comment on the tool and the use of it, all comments are welcome.

2. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

Where did you buy this tool at? Is sounds interesting and yes getting those hooks out of a fish's mouth can be challenging at times. I carry a multi tool with me when I go fishing ,but I still be interesting on additional information about the tool.

3. 2sweed

Your all in luck I found the designers website and it gives you the chance to order directly from him. Click on designer at top heading and it tells all about Terry Gauger, and where he lives in Florida. It includes his phone number and e-mail address. Or click on the order direct at top of page and get your tool.

http://www.unhookum.com/designer.html

4. 2sweed

Just thought I would mention that one of my best friends who loves fishing got this tool and he likes it. Many times in the past he has had to throw a fish back with a damaged mouth or gill. He says this tool takes all the guess work out of figuring out how to remove that fish hook. So I am thinking about getting one for my fishing equipment bag.

Draft saved Draft deleted