1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

The Grand Canyon - Flyover

Discussion in 'United States' started by 2sweed, Mar 1, 2015.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

This is a video of a Grand Canyon National Park, Flyover. Truly beautiful.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

:)

Spooky as it is awesome. Maybe magnificent is a better word. Ron Chapple did a fantastic job on the photography. It makes one dizzy flying over it; I can't imagine hiking portions of it. Thanks for the contribution to the site @2sweed.

3. 2sweed

My thought in watching it is don't look down. Coming over those ridges I half expected to see a nose dive view. :eek::eek::coldfeet:

4. Northern Dancer

:)

I can agree on that.

I was thinking of John Rutter's music - "For the Beauty of the Earth" after I viewed the video. If you are not familiar with the piece look it up - I think you would enjoy it. It kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling and definitely a sense of summer.

5. 2sweed

I went off to youtube and listened to the music and watched the video of John Rutter, "For the Beauty of the Earth," and found it very peaceful and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I listened to some other music of his as well. My favorite type of music is soul searching types that invoke a sense of calm within. Like this one called,
    " Secret Garden." Seems to fit a camping mood.

Northern Dancer likes this.
  6. Northern Dancer

There are beautiful things in this world...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIDS_SJnnx8QKd25IdOt8HTQNy6lou6EFbpo0e9QMA__fjojrW.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted