1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

The (Happy) Camper...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Northern Dancer, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I've attended a lot of seminars, workshops, discussion forums, skill weekends and such but I have never learned as much as I have from this guy known as the HAPPY CAMPER :). His books are numerous, his humour is contagious, as he is always appealing.

If you are looking for down to earth good teaching and techniques; someone who knows their stuff but remains well balanced between the sublime and the ridiculous then KEVIN CALLAN will be your man. He has excellent videos on a wide gamut of subjects that are of interest to any level camper or canoeist.

Check it out... key in Kevin Callan the Happy Camper - I don't think that you are going to be disappointed.

25gch0h.jpg 1tspyw.jpg

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

3. Northern Dancer

No...but I have been in his presence several times. He teaches Environmental Studies at Sir Sandford Fleming College in Peterborough. He's a delightful character; even laughs at his own jokes and failures. BUT - he knows his stuff.

...good to hear from you!

4. campforums

I was just checking out his website for the second time and it actually quite neat. I can't believe how much content he posts on there

5. Northern Dancer

There are numerous Happy Camper type sites but I feel that he has one of the better ones. He is both humorous and factual. I feel the same about camping sites as well. I still think this is the best.

6. campforums

I could see you as the type of person who would have one... haha

7. Northern Dancer

I thought about that a couple of times...as you can appreciate it takes a chunk of time to maintain and develope a site and keep it relevant. I rather be doing it than talking about it. There are more creative people in the river so to speak.:)

8. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

But it is very nice of you to be here sharing and talking about camping, when your not doing it. But I do see your point, many folks talk about camping but never get around to actually doing it. Unlike me who will be out camping this summer. Hope I make it farther then the backyard, where I will practice setting up and taking down my new tent. :happy::happy:

9. campforums

I'd like to post content like here one day too, but I need to decide how to make it so that it integrates well with the rest of the forum.

10. Northern Dancer

You will....just like in the Wizard of Oz...just keep saying, "I want to go camping....I want to go camping..."

11. Northern Dancer

It will take time of course....it's not like you don't have anything else to do. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted