1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

The metal water canteen is giving way to the plastic water bottle

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Alexandoy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

Oh well, times are a-changing and we cannot hold on to things that are getting obsolete. When was the last time that I had seen a metal water canteen? I don't remember but what I remember now are the plastic bottles for drinking water. It is so prevalent that a friend who had been to a "real" forest for a hike said that he had seen several empty water bottles on the trail. Tsk, tsk, it's really sad that modernity has its own ugly head.

2. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

Reminds me of a lot of the things that I have had to part ways with over the past years. I do always stick by the phrase they dont make them like they used to but something you just need something new.

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I am very skeptical about the bladder style water bags. My concerns are cleaning these things, would the water start tasting like plastic and how healthy are they if you can't clean and dry them out? We save and reuse our plastic water bottles. The good thick ones last a long time. We'll wash them out and let them dry. I detest anyone littering. Pure laziness. I see it on some trails and there just isn't any reason for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted