1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Things to sit on other than Lawn Chairs?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by ashley0323, Sep 15, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

We have no interest in buying lawn chairs. Long story short, we have young kids, that tend to pinch themselfs on them. What are some alternatives to lawn chairs that we can bring to sit on?
    - Side note: We wont be sitting on them much, only at night, to sit around the fire to have family time.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...planks, stools (decorated/painted by the children), or make chairs when you get there.

upload_2016-9-15_13-16-45.jpeg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpCouuL1hvQLsCaKqJ17ZrAdSEA04RJyAsuMXTAuSp_Fqkq8DZ.jpg upload_2016-9-15_13-17-57.jpeg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6B_p8jrVUd58DEmnIPhNIwtI8Q9JeEwmnDT3GLCNsL55Sga9tzg.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwG4BvYqTWC-XxcP_MhRAfp4o6LesyxKQS55ZjD3_Arf53878Q.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKp9UsrLGawn3Swx3zXAzJq-tmIPkw9n76pYXFajGJZzGXn-5V.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_6fi5P8VVs0xn1E1SJyxcbMQvzaRfl-bB_BnhT4ZpLw_4iYTG.jpg upload_2016-9-15_13-25-30.jpeg

Attached Files:

3. missyify

missyify Survivalist

We have some of those folding camp chairs but they're mostly active. Squatting, picking up sticks and stuff, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. scrapper

scrapper Novice Camper

Wooden outdoor foldable benches perhaps. Also, if you're really concerned about your kids getting harmed by handling stools or any solid platform, I sugges to just stick with carpets.

5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I think I'm going to make one of those medieval chairs as a winter project. I'm missing the summer already.

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

You mean like the ones in the picture you posted a few posts up?

7. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Other suggestions:
    • Depending on the camp site and whether or not the ground is wet, consider bringing some blankets a long and sitting together next the fire. I actually like this because you tend not to get as much smoke in your eyes.
    • Use nature! There are often plenty of stumps, large logs and rocks/boulders around sit down on.

8. sea_goin_dude

sea_goin_dude Novice Camper

I always have several 5 gallon buckets and they are useful in many ways. They make a pretty good temporary seat too. stack several inside each other to adjust the height. NOTE: for anyone who has problems while in the tub or shower, they make a good seat if you have trouble getting up from the tub. Commercial tub seats are expensive so several of these buckets are great and again you adjust the height you need by adding or taking away from your stack. I use three in the shower for myself as I can hardly get up from a very low seat. These buckets are cheap and always come in good for many uses around the house or out in the bush.

killeroy154 likes this.
  9. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I like the 5 gallon bucket idea. Plus the bucket can be used for collecting sticks, rocks for a fire ring, and transporting camping stuff to camp site. I have a couple that had paint in them. They would be great to carry in the canoe because the lids snap in place and are water proof. I can even make a cool looking canvas cover, so it don't look like an old paint bucket. Poor Man's Expedition Barrel. Thanks for the idea sea_goin_dude

Draft saved Draft deleted