1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Three celestial events occurring this Friday!

Discussion in 'Nature' started by happyflowerlady, Mar 18, 2015.

1. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

This Friday, March 20th, is the day we celebrate the Spring Equinox every year; but this year we will also have two other special events happening at the same time. The solar eclipse will happen on Friday, but will only be visible in Europe and the UK, and not here in the United States, or in Canada.

Also happening on the same day is the Supermoon, which is when the moon will be closest to the earth. Since the Supermoon can only be oooobserved when it is a full moon rather than a new moon, (and the eclipse can only be seen during the new moon phase) we will not be able to see the Supermoon this time either, although it will be passing above the earth. I do not know if these three celestial events have ever occurred on the same day ever before; but if so, i am certain that it must be an extremely rare event.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...see-three-rare-celestial-events-10111592.html

campforums likes this.
  2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I can agree with that, if you put 3 rare occurrences together on the same day that in itself must be at least 3 times as rare :p

Too bad I won't be able to see the equinox though. I wonder what this means for the astrologers out there...

Draft saved Draft deleted