1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Three Stone, Lanai USA

Discussion in 'United States' started by JoshPosh, Nov 1, 2014.

1. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

This little area was once used in ancient times for canoe races Maybe they used the rocks as markers? I'm not to sure. But I remember hunting for birds at night in the greenery on the bottom right hand corner. I think it was illegal to hunt birds at that time of year, but when you are a kid you don't think about those things. I would also find bird eggs to eat later.

4873545144_81d8a29761_z.jpg

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Is that greenery a forest? It is hard to tell from the picture just how large the area is. It looks quite small from this perspective but then again, this picture was probably taken from a helicopter or something.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

It's Kiawe trees. You can imagine how many birds hide in there due to the fact that there are very little trees in the area. Really dry area.

Draft saved Draft deleted