1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Trail Dancing - Northern Dancer

Discussion in 'Trails' started by Northern Dancer, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I’ve neglected Algonquin these last few years but returned this summer
    to rejuvenate my romance with this historic site. In particular
    I wanted to wander the magnificent trails and embrace
    those ancient places.
    So I suspended my paddle in a Jack Pine to
    travel trodden pathways that have
    accommodated innumerable audacious
    characters like me.

So…crack one open, pour a hot coffee, tip the ice tea,
    but do join me in Trail Dancing and release your
    inner memories of far-flung corridors and popular
    spots you explored.

ND 34gub0x.jpg

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

You have a knack for picking the right songs for your videos :)

Where did you canoe into this trip?

3. Northern Dancer

_______________________________________________________________________ :happy:

Actually I parked it and all I did for most of the 16 days was to hike the trails in Algonquin. Managed to do a lot of reading and planning for the fall and winter. (Sounds depressing doesn't it?) I experienced some might cold nights and wets days. This time I took a heater (buddy heater) and I'm glad I did.

Our canoe trip is planned for August 9th in the Haliburton Water Trails. Eric (the trip leader) hasn't specifically confirmed exactly where we will be. But...we have lots of time and everything else has been planned out.

4. Northern Dancer

If you didn't get the message this will be a repeat -

Actually I parked it and spent most of the 16 days hiking the Algonquin Trails. I did a lot of reading and planning for the fall and winter. (Sounds terribly, doesn't it?) I experienced some really cold nights and wet days. I took my Buddy Heater to keep the tent warm at nights before I went to bed.

We have a canoe trip planned for August 9th in the Haliburton Waterway trails. Eric (the trip master) hasn't confirmed the actual place but everything else has been planned. I'm sure hoping for some fabulous weather as I hate a wet canoe trip. Well...okay just a bit of rain at night when I'm snuggling in the sleeping bag - warm and dry.

5. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie Novice Camper

This video makes me want to get my passport and wander. Thank you for sharing. 16 days is way too long for me but I would enjoy it for a weekend. What time of year did you go? I love that you did a montage of the equipment used. I will have to remember to do that next time I go.

6. Northern Dancer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

That was late June - there was a lot of wet and cold. The photos are of base camp of course - you can see that I don't really rough it at the end of a trip. I hadn't travelled the trails for awhile and thought I would do that again. There is camping on some of the longer stretches. I enjoy canoe camping the most even though a base camp is always a welcomed site.

CherylTorrie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted