1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Trail Etiquette

Discussion in 'Trails' started by campforums, Oct 29, 2012.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

2. PAPA!

PAPA! Newbie

Very interesting and i agree everyone should read :)

3. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

I would have to push his friend off of something if I caught him toppling cairns. That is the most irresponsible bit of complete - I mean that's a lot worse then chatting on a cell phone or snapping pictures. I don't know.

4. TABL

TABL Explorer

These are great! Common sense really, but yea the one about the guy toppling cairns is just so wrong. Why would you do that if you know it was left there for a reason? Oh well, I'm sure no one in my family would do that!

5. Jessi

Jessi Novice Camper

Number 3 (I'm shocked they didn't put it as number 2, by the way) is one that people don't really talk much about. I can understand why they don't, too. It's nice to see a breakdown of why even going a few more steps is worthwhile, though.

6. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Some things just aren't punny Jessi... Yes I'm sorry and I'll just see myself out. Thanks for having me.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Newbie

I know, that's pretty evil. What if some poor hiker needed that pile of rocks to find their way back and they get lost and die of hunger or dehydration?
    What a scumbag. I'm not buying the whole "manmade structures don't belong in nature" excuse. They're just making little piles of rocks, not building a Starbucks. It's incredibly bad karma to put someone else's life in danger just because you're the kind of douche that enjoys kicking sand castles over when you go to the beach.

The one about saying hello to other hikers is a good idea, because your life might someday depend on someone asking them "Did you see couple of hikers going back that way?" and you want them to remember you in case you're lying in a crevasse with your legs broken and need rescuing.
    [hr]
    You're such a goofball ,Jessi. I agree that the poop one should have been number 2.
    It's kind of sad that people can't figure out on their own to poop off the beaten path so that other hikers don't step in it. If that tree over there looks like an easily accessible and convenient place to go to the bathroom, the odds are good that another hiker thought so too.

Draft saved Draft deleted