1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

TWO MISSING...

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by Northern Dancer, May 18, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

:(

To clarify it was May and the two guys that drowned were not wearing life jackets. Kevin Callan waded in on this one with a safety message as he was in the area. The peculiar thing is that they were canoeing along side one another when they apparently both overturned. I'm surprised that the Ontario Coroner's Office didn't step in and hold a public inquiry. There is a story here that we haven't heard.

I posted an update because I know that come early May - especially the two four weekend there will be canoe drownings.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

:(

It does suck...I've only pulled out one person [Elora Gorge River]
    . He and his buds got to close to the falls and went over. Time I was able to pull him out of the drink he was already dead. But I did the AR and CPR anyway. Every time I hear of a canoe drowning I think of that guy - chills go up my back. There were four of them - just out to have a great weekend.

Saul Goodman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted