1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Unidentified place in Bulacan province, Philippines

Discussion in 'Trails' started by Alexandoy, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

It is called Kangani where a family friend lives that is 4 hours of walk from civilization. My father served as the guide of about 30 boy scouts that included me and 3 scout masters. That was the first time I saw the place. Isolated like a paradise. The hut was pretty small but could accommodate the family of 6. Their source of water was the nearby mountain spring brought to their hut by connecting maybe a hundred bamboo poles. The patriarch was my father's companion in hunting. You can imagine the glee of everyone when we saw 2 wild boar on the table. We had a feast. Those were the good old days of my camping experience.

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

Continuation. ...
    The feast of roasted wild boar was on the second day. When we arrived, I was hungy and was lucky to spot Rolly tending something that was smoking. I was 12 and Rolly was 15 maybe, he is the eldest in the brood. Gee, he was broiling sweet potatoes. The tubers were covered with soil and then covered with burning wood. Baked or roasted? The sweet potato had an exotic taste. After the short snack, I roamed around while the scouts were pitching the tents. So lucky to find fruiting trees... guavas, star apple, coconut with fruits as low as my head. I was overwhelmed by the fruits that I shared with the scouts. One scout said that we were like in a sort of paradise.

Draft saved Draft deleted