1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Updating Social Media

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by 2sweed, Jan 1, 2015.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Just wondering how often you update your Facebook page? Is there anyway you could allow more of the forum on the site? It seemed pretty empty compared with your twitter page.

2. 2sweed

I would guess the hard part is on Facebook, everyone would know your real name as compared with Twitter, where any name works. Most folks on forums like to remain hidden behind a pretty picture or logo, for privacy sake. I am following the forum on Twitter thou, so I can let others know about our fun.

campforums likes this.
  3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Thanks for that, I have gotten someone to help out with the social media posts. Sometimes it is difficult to come up with things to post about though.

I did have the Facebook page to automatically take tweets from Twitter and post them, did that not show up for you on Facebook?

4. shmuel.mule

shmuel.mule Newbie

Not that I am expert on social media but I do dislike seeing tweets on Facebook. Twitter and Facebook are separate, therefor posts on Facebook should not be limited to 140 characters. But your the commander !

5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

All feedback is welcome and taken into account :)

6. 2sweed

I tend to agree with @shmuel.mule, Concerning tweets on Facebook. That 140 character limit on any page makes me see RED. I have something great to share and suddenly I realize I am over the limit in characters. By the time I delete my words to fit the rules the subject is not worth saying. :banghead:

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted