1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Vinegar and garlic

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Alexandoy, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

This home remedy is from my camping experience. My father had taught us to bring salt, vinegar and garlic as part of our basic gear. The salt is more for food especially when there is a big catch like a deer or a boaf, even fish, salt is used to preserve the meat. Aside from cooking purposes, the vinegar is good for insect bites especially the wasp or bee stings. The acid in the vinegar will calm the skin and deaden the pain of the insect bites. What would you do is you are bitten by a snake? Just hope that the snake is not a killer. And if a monkey bites you? There are animals that bite and the crushed garlic is a good antiseptic for insect bites.

2. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Very interesting, my dad only ever have me a bad time. You're lucky to have had a father that cared and taught you useful things.

Bibsoutdoors

Alexandoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted