1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Vote on new forum section

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by campforums, Jun 17, 2015.

?

Do you think this site needs a section for motor vehicles?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I was thinking that what we lack is a section for motor vehicles. They can play a big role in camping whether it is an RV, ATV, or even a car or truck to get to the camp site. Usually all the equipment and remote locations that camping requires means that the transportation is a little out of the ordinary. However before I add a section for this I wanted to judge the community's response first, please vote in the poll to let me know if this is something you'd like to see.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I dunno, but judging from the response it would seem most people are happy with what they have. :)

:thumbsup: But...retailers on the other hand never stop there - they are forever putting out trial merchandise to get a sense of acceptability. You might want to try that. What is new in the camping world anyway? Hate to say it but gadgets take a fair amount of space in 50 Campfires and Gear Junkie and other mags.

RVing is a whole new and popular world and there are a lot of sites dedicated to those people. Ever try looking up Camps to park a tent? Most are designed to accommodate the RV people.

campforums likes this.
  3. campforums

Thanks for the feedback, I think you are spot on regarding RVs. Not many people on here talk about RVs probably because there are other sites which are better suited for it.

What do you mean by gadgets? Like electronic stuff? I think that would probably make an excellent subsection to the tools area once it starts getting crowded with posts.

4. Northern Dancer

@campforums and Crew

When I use the word gadget I'm not using it in the conventional sense, I'm using it to describe the latest, the newest, the most innovative, intense and far out stuff. Gear Junkie sends out a weekly newsletter (done well actually) that focuses what is new in camping, technology, biking, outdoor, footwear (can you imagine a whole section just on feet alone) and top gear of the year.

I don't think we need to compete or even want to for that matter but if people are interested in camping they are into camping stuff. Just a thought.

If someone were to ask me to redesign the site? I dunno...I think it's okay as it is. And that doesn't mean to say there isn't opportunity to better and best.

5. campforums

Oh true, well in that case I am not so sure that would fit our existing structure. Something like for feet would work as a good subsection under attire though.

Or for example boating going underneath the "On the Water" section. I just want to make things as unambiguous as possible so that people do not get confused and have to sit and think about which section would be the best fit for what they want to post or read about.

6. Northern Dancer

I think we have enough categories to cover about every situation. When you trace through the various threads it is surprising the number of topics covered.

campforums likes this.
  7. campforums

Yea, that is true. Although sometimes having an additional category spurs people to discuss those things as well. At least that is what I noticed when I made the attire section. But this is mostly for future plans because right now it is still pretty manageable with the ratio of threads to categories.

Draft saved Draft deleted