1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Washing cloths

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Bibsoutdoors, Feb 24, 2017.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Nice looking hat bibs.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  2. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Killeroy, thank you, this is the Tilley brand hats ND was taking about. I went to their web site to have a look around. . .big mistake! Ha ha. They have hundreds of ball caps, hats galore as well as other items. I have to admit to being weak when I went to the site so it was very easy to find a hat I liked. It wouldn't have taken much effort otherwise, who am I kidding! Say Killeroy would you be interested in a post put out yesterday about a 12 month challenge. Camping at least once a month for all twelve? If so go by that post check it out add or subtract anything you want and we'll go from there.

Bibsoutdoors

3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I bring a spare set of clothes when I go camping especially when there is water supply like a river or facilities. The clothes I am wearing can be washed while changing to the spare set. Even if I had been a boy scout for long, I cannot sleep with dirty clothes. Sometimes I even bring more when the campsite has no water supply.

4. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

@Alexandoy,

I'm with you, everything seems to go better with fresh clean cloths. Not only that but a shower to wash off the sweat, bug repellant, helps me to sleep like a brick at night. 85b569f87a2d44e71743dc8f52a28e34.jpg 2b979d0847d81bc154b865ec0936229b.jpg This pocket shower weighs nothing and I take it with on Spring, Summer and Fall trips. When car camping I take a dual purpose tent, ee1459faeafa8854d6f24bdaf289dcad.jpg The tall green outfit is used as a changing room, toilet and a shower. We use a seven gallon solar bag with this set up. I'm not afraid of being dirty, I just sleep and feel sooooooo much better after a shower and fresh cloths.

P.S.

I would really enjoy hearing some details about how you camp. Sites and sounds, what the greenery looks like, the equipment you use just any/everything you might care to share! My best to you, Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors

Attached Files:

5. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Northern Dancer, I ordered a kangaroo leather braided hat band from Australia today. Do you ever use things like this on your hats?

Bibsoutdoors

6. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...gnaw I'm to cheap - I bought the cloth breaded one from Tilley's. BUT being able to say I have kangaroo hat band would suit me just fine. The same as those outback coats I often see. I toyed with buying one of those.

upload_2017-3-24_20-25-48.jpeg All I would need is the hat to go with it. Right on! I've got a hat.;)

TB2J88XrXXXXXa3XXXXXXXXXXXX_%21%212676755170.jpg_210x210.jpg
    You can get the American Outback coat too ...but then it wouldn't be Australian.:(

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  7. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I love dusters (is that what you call then as well?) I used to have a black full length one. Anyway, I was hoping the band would add some spice to the hat. I looked on Tilley's site first but didn't find any and when I used the search engine on the site it came back as no results. Dang, I really do like to keep things in the same family. We'll see how it looks when it finally gets over here.

Bibsoutdoors

Northern Dancer likes this.
  8. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

(Not only that but a shower to wash off the sweat, bug repellant, helps me to sleep like a brick at night.) Stated by @Bibsoutdoors, I agree. I am fortunate here that I don't need bug repellants. Sweat and dirt washes off pretty easy, bug bug repellants can be hazardous to equipment and hard to wash off. I like to be clean when I sleep.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted