1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Watching for Artifacts in the Woods and by Lakes

Discussion in 'Nature' started by happyflowerlady, Jul 23, 2015.

1. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

When Robin (my daughter) took me out exploring around the quarry earlier this spring, we enjoyed looking for fossil remains in the rocks where we were climbing around. Most of Alabama was a shallow sea, many eons ago; so there are some interesting fossils to be seen if you are looking for them. There are also Indian artifacts that people find now and again. Robin has found some that were arrowheads, and one that was embedded into an old waterlogged part of a stump, looked like some kind of a hook, or maybe something that was used to throw a spear.

I was just reading this amazing article, where they have found an ancient dagger that is apparently Chinese, and it was found along a creek bed in Georgia.

There are other areas where writing and pictures that seem to be Asian have been found, leading some archaeologists to believe that the Chinese may have been here way before the Europeans arrived. As awesome as it would be to find an arrowhead; it would be even more exciting to find some artifact left from ancient Chinese explorers.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQf1tXlrf41fDK4HDKydmXq3j1gZ_tYUMKEdGTHvc84jZ7dt8c8.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_yR5_KLJOQBor1v5PvMNOZrD0iglfmH8l045Vn8t-57YA1b4tTQ.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlLMtCACSjo_i7BywGXCtc6XEE5PCv9EzsQiiSt2ZASbvrEGiG.jpg

Some pictographs located in Quetico Provincial Park Ontario.

"We are not alone Jennifer."

3. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

Wow ! You can sure see that there were moose back in those early times, too . One of the smaller critter looks like it might possibly be a fox. The tail looks a little bushier than a cat would be. The curved tings could be boats or canoes with people in them. Some look like they have two "people" and one has three.
    Maybe they are leaving inforamtion about where the good hunting grounds are at ?

4. Northern Dancer

I understand that the markings are sufficiently ancient that they are not sure what people put them there. One of the reasons why the region was turned into Provincial Park Land was to protect - it that were possible - he images seen.

happyflowerlady likes this.
  5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Is that in a cave?

6. Northern Dancer

__________________________________________________________ :)

No...there are found here and there through out the area.

7. m.abbass

m.abbass Novice Camper

Those are amazing symbols who do you think made them?

8. Northern Dancer

Twenty-eight aboriginal rock paintings known aspictographs have been identified in Quetico Provincial Park, including images of moose, canoes, turtles, and hunters. Considered sacred by many Lac La Croix First Nations members, most of the images are painted on flat cliff surfaces just above the water line, leading researchers to believe people created them while standing in canoes. The age of the pictographs is uncertain.

the-agawa-rock-site-in-lake-superior-provncial-park.jpg

A guard sits beside one of the markings at the Agawa Site in the Lake Superior Provincial Park.
    The marvellous thing is there are peculiar markings of some sort all over the planet.

Nice to see you online @m.abbass :)

9. m.abbass

m.abbass Novice Camper

Thanks for welcoming me here and yes i like to discover and analyse those peculiar wherever i find some
    It can tell a lot you know

Draft saved Draft deleted