1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

We came, we saw...we

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Northern Dancer, Aug 13, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

@CherylTorrie - I think we probably could. This one is 12 feet across and 20 feet long. Very definitely a base camp tent.

Used only for sleeping quarters - no cooking etc. We set up a kitchen shelter for eating. I don't use it all that often but it's mighty welcomed when a group meets. Six is the usual number - with me in my own tent. You could possibly have twelve on the floor without cots.

I have two others - a 9.5 x 9.5 and a 10 x 10 - that I use at a base camp. I have other tents I use for backpacking and canoe camping. :)

Yep...you might say that I'm a serious camper.

:bear: Baden Bear says, "Believe me he is a serious camper."

2. Joseph Hadnett

Joseph Hadnett Novice Camper

Really its for families to go camping for a week or so in one area. It gives you a lot of living space. You can put in a table and chairs or whatever you like. Think of it as a Glamping ready tent.

3. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie Novice Camper

I'm afraid I couldn't fit it, let alone all the stuff I could fit in it, in my car. :) But perhaps when my son and daughter-in-law bless me with grandchildren I may consider it. Thank you for sharing though I can never learn enough. I'm not the collector of tents that Northern Dancer is.;)

4. Joseph Hadnett

Joseph Hadnett Novice Camper

We have a smaller three person tent that has the same thermal and acoustic insulation but without the living space. How does that sound?

CherylTorrie likes this.
  5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

The Alaknaks are used for base camp - I've been out as long as five weeks at a time and they actually become my cabins. Often, during the winter, I make simple colonial looking tent furniture. Sometime I use my teepees (I have one that you picture) as a change.

Draft saved Draft deleted