1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Weapons

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Mr. Blue, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Mr. Blue

Mr. Blue Newbie

Do any of you bring weapons on your trips? I'll always bring my knife handed down to me and maybe an axe. Those mostly are for my personal use, but what would you all do if an animal or any kind of danger came? I don't bring a gun unless I go hunting, which is very rare. I told myself if needed to be I'll use that axe.

How many of you think it is important to bring a gun or any type of protection?

2. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

A small knife or hatchet should be fine but anything larger could put you at odds with local laws. In the woods I would carry a knife or hatchet but I would make myself a walking stick (out of a fallen branch) to push away vines, poke ahead to make sure the ground is solid, and fend off snakes.

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I do not, but then again I think it depends on the area you are camping in. The places I go are all relatively well traveled and quite safe so I've never felt the need to bring a weapon to defend myself, however there are some places where that would not be the case.

4. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

I carry my pistol concealed with me when I go on camping trips. I also bring my badge/I.D. with me and place it in a special wallet. I go camping to have a good time and don't expect trouble out in the wilderness ,but you never know what you'll run into while hiking. My father told me when he was a kid that someone tried to get break into the RV at night. The subject backdown once he realize my grandfather had an M1 carbine aiming at him.

5. Angelle

Angelle Newbie

I haven't went camping yet. Next month will be my first time, and I have not thought about bringing any weapons with me. Now that you have mentioned it, I think that I will bring it because you never know what may happen. My boyfriend and I are going camping in an city that we are not familiar with. Unfortunately, we live in a small town that doesn't provide a camping site so we have to travel elsewhere. I think that having a weapon on us would be smart because we will be traveling in an unfamiliar place. So, yes I will be bringing it along--I don't know what kind of weapon though.

6. lindsay365

lindsay365 Newbie

i have been a camp attendee for long time. i have always preferred taking my small ball bearing pistol although i always fear of any danger from huge animals i always feel complete armed with this little weapon. since i have been a sharp shooter i believe with confidence that i can be able to deal with any danger perfectly. since you have mentioned the knife i will also include may small little electric knife whenever i go camping.

Draft saved Draft deleted