1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Weber Smokey Joe Portable BBQ Review

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by campforums, Dec 28, 2012.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

This is just a classic camp barbecue and Weber is a really high quality and trustworthy brand, I've actually owned a BBQ from this company which I use in my back yard. It's great although it was a bit high on the price range.

smokey-joe1.jpg

http://www.campr.co.uk/weber-smokey-joe-portable-bbq-review/

2. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

I had one of those a long time ago and it worked just fine. Small enough to carry along and inexpensive. It lasted many years but in South Florida the humidity makes things rust eventually.

There are some other ones that collapse and fit into a bag I believe, check around if you are getting something like this.

3. Pzula

Pzula Newbie

It does have a few limitations however. Being small and lightweight it can be knocked over easily so you need to keep it away from foot traffic. Because of the small cooking chamber the bottom vent can get clogged by ashes and food particles so it does need to be cleaned out well. It is also a little awkward to transport.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

But it looks like it has a trap at the bottom which can easily be emptied out, no? At least that's how my barbecue is, you just open it and shake out the ashes and burnt food at the bottom.

Draft saved Draft deleted