1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Wecome spring...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Northern Dancer, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I think we need to clap and sing a bit louder to welcome spring.... and then we can post a sign!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKoD1-5ml3D1aVtvTdAskfhCUu5IFd6QqTL9ckLobZmc30QmIT.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDi2wZiKsRTo-pC1_DWKp9PpH-XwRuVKhtYCGw4zURaioEhwUjyg.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzjCgu0ua53q9xk-y6tthsZ9JedEV_litpyTMzNr9CP20IHuA8mg.jpg

campforums likes this.
  2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Because if we don't let spring know we want it here, it might just let winter stay ;)

3. Northern Dancer

...that would be a nightmare wouldn't it? Really great to see you back!

campforums likes this.
  4. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

It's a heat wave, 60 degrees!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTviCx7wBHfC3pxc15uOFFJ740i3-Hg6UVdCjcikV43-m2rrwCw.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE-k_d5xf4JxYgqP0DnODzBoheXK3ZJDjpUtkYJwpXM_WyKkGm.jpg

fourbanger2.5 likes this.
  5. I've been doing everything short of wild dances. It can't get here quick enough.

6. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

It sure is like spring weather today, Wasn't too well past few weeks.

campforums likes this.
  7. campforums

8. Northern Dancer

:)

Yep....

9. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRig717OYhNEIaEdgK0hhKDZi0bxSfYECmYSCw75QM5Kltg8lp0GQ.jpg

happyflowerlady and campforums like this.
  10. campforums

11. angie

angie Newbie

I can't be more excited about this Spring weather! Taking walks and widows open!! : )

campforums likes this.
  12. Northern Dancer

Thank you @angie - last weekend was busting hot and of recent days really cold. In our country we have a holiday this weekend - it is going to be warmer but not hot. We think of it as our start of summer. :)

13. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

We have been doing great in northern Alabama. The weather has mostly been in the 80's and 50's at night; so it is that enjoyable time when you neither require heat nor air conditioning.
    I have planted a small gerden, some in pots and some in the dirt, mostly tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and peppers. I have some strawberry plants that I got from Lowes in containers, but the ground has been pretty wet to try and rototill it lately.
    My daughter has been working overseas again; so she has not been around to go out hiking and explorering in the woods. It sounds like she might be there most of the summer; so we won't be doing any kayaking for a while, I guess.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  14. Northern Dancer

It was a long winter for most - lots of snow and blustery winds in our neck of the woods. It's so good to sit outside and dream. My first outing is on June 22nd - and I'm more than prepared.

happyflowerlady likes this.
  15. campforums

Sounds nice, are your summers generally pretty dry or humid? It can make a big difference in what temperatures are comfortable

16. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

Our summers here are really humid. Even very early in the morning, when it is coolest, the humidity is bad. I am working on getting as much of the outside stuff done as possible before we get into the really hot part of summer.
    I have postponed the trip to Idaho to visit my friend out there until early this fall.
    Out west, it gets hot; but not nearly as humid as it does here. Hopefully, I will be able to at least slip out with my fishing pole and go fishing this summer, as long as I go before the heat of the day arrives.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  17. Northern Dancer

___________________________________________________________________ - :(

Sorry to hear that - I got the sense you were really looking forward to it. Some of my plans have had to change too. I planned to be in Thunder Bay for awhile. Apparently not so. My colleague has been transferred to Amazonia for three months and I'm to hang around in August.

BUT, I'm not complaining - I have a great trip for June/July and I still get the rest of July. Our summers are not as humid as yours and for the most part are really enjoyable. That coupled with lots of water keeps things pleasantly cool.

I was sharing this pic with a Babble member earlier....

10qkvmg.jpg

Lake Louisa in Algonquin Park - this was the view when I got up in the morning.

happyflowerlady likes this.
  18. Northern Dancer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpoGjpGe4jsA9UZRcoJRM74niNpX104yFOV00qxC07xOtl3TPKWA.jpg

WELCOME SPRING 2016
    Let's get ready for camp everyone! :)

19. SashaS

SashaS Novice Camper

For some reason it just seems more normal to have Spring at this time of the year, its Autumn here now and well, its supposed to be Autumn...
    I guess there are only two seasons where I live and those are hot and cold. They are at any time of the year and there is literally no indication of when. Sure, the December to February months are usually synonymous with rain and usually warm weather, but for the rest of the year its either too hot or quite cold. I personally prefer the latter. Leaves are still green here but nights are a little cooler than usual.

Summer has it's hot days and the rest of them are overcast and rain, winter is just plain cold regardless of how sore your eyes become when you look up. With regards to camping I usually prefer cooler weather as that makes walking around during the day less of a pain and insects aren't infesting every corner of your vehicle/tent. If I had it my way, I'd just have overcast every day. There's something about the wet, gray days that puts a smile on my face.

20. Northern Dancer

That's really interesting Sasha - that is why you often see my rider - "in our neck of the woods." I do that because there are members of Camping Babble from different parts of the world.

Your weather patterns are interesting. For me - I'm a four season man and a four season camper. You get to learn after awhile what you enjoy most. (I enjoy it all.) I stay away from the interior in May because of the bugs. But in our neck of the woods things are pretty good.

Here is a tip someone gave me a long time ago - take a fly swatter with you. (You can now purchase backpacker swatters that telescope down.) At night you put a light on in the tent and get all the critters - then you can sleep soundly without all the buzzing around you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR53dtO-eFZ4rgOc3234OJ0c_XGs56FV4ck3a95wco2x0jMupnppA.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl1Wu3DMy0c8FvkGBNAss86HwfJ5KGK01i50v0Pia7yOOAxi_k.jpg SPRING :shame:
    Ontario Trillium our Provincial flower Blossoms galore

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5f_miG6AANLOAGKDbI4TOkVp-2sKUwMlvdD6HX4Ob1c-bab8E.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDXfDJoC4vVJhcUWaOtz_RuUArSJHmjL5Lv_GqdIjUywzXDpPbyg.jpg SUMMER :)
    Fresh water fishing is fabulous Famous Muskoka chair

upload_2016-4-1_10-40-54.jpeg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWAVjOyRwjDP1L1p449WN2ktbW4gU5OzzPBs6T3MT66geosekxDg.jpg
    Algonquin Park in the Fall Yep...it's snow.

FALL o_O WINTER :(

I luvs them all!

killeroy154 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted