1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

weird tent

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by Libragirl67, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

[attachment=7]

Would you sleep in this tent? It is designed for people who have a fear of snakes and other little creatures. It is definetly different.

Attached Files:

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Haha, it is certainly strange looking but I don't think it would be any more effective at keeping out insects than a normal tent (especially those that can fly). Also it looks like it would be hard to sleep in that tent because it isn't very wide/long and you wouldn't be able to stretch out fully, especially if you are particularly tall like I am.

Also, do you know how it stays in that position? There must be some kind of rigid support to keep it from sagging down like you would expect it to.

3. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Looks like some kind of cocoon bubble. It does not even look like it would be comfortable. I can easily see a bear batting that around for fun. Maybe it is designed for children who would think of it as a cool tent or hiding place. Any adult would no doubt wake up with a aching back from being curled in a ball all night long.
    Seems like it would sag down just like a net would in that position. I would not even attempt it.

4. mVd

mVd Newbie

I am wondering if those tents wouldnt start moving around once you switch sides when sleeping or something.

5. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

It looks like you wouldn't be able to stretch out in that kind of a tent. It also looks like you would roll over towards the tree because you aren't leveled in it. I would give it a try one night just to see if they are comfortable enough to sleep in.

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

This seems to be what most people think.

I do sometimes hang my packs like that from the trees - high up, to keep them away from the animals.

7. Lita11

Lita11 Newbie

Really amazing and assures more security then other tents. I am seeing it for the first time by the way but in my future camping i will use it.

Draft saved Draft deleted