1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What do you think of seasonal camping?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by TABL, Jan 13, 2013.

1. TABL

TABL Explorer

While I was growing up, we were seasonal campers. My parents had a "camp" (which was more like a camper) they get it permanently at the same campground. Every weekend we would go up there.
    I liked it a lot! I would bring friends, and we were friends with other seasonal campers. We had dances, and bingo, and games...
    It was about 1 1/2 hours from our home, so easy to get to but not too far away.

My parents are not together anymore, but my mother still has the camp! It's fun to go back, but it's different with my own kids and such. It's a nice area and it's pretty safe, but of course I can't just let my kids roam around like I used to!

2. Jessi

Jessi Novice Camper

That sounds like a lot of fun. I have never done it before or even heard of it done that way before. I know people who will drive their RVs and set up at campgrounds, but it's not to socialize with other people and the RVs didn't stay there permanently.

What kind of grounds allow that?

3. TABL

TABL Explorer

I guess I'm not sure. We found the campground just by camping there once and talking with people who were seasonals. My dad joined the next summer! It's nice because these people are your "neighbors" and you truly get to know them.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

You mean kinda like a trailer park? I try to avoid using that term because a lot of them are really crummy.

5. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

reply: Yes I love seasonal camping myself. I live in the Pacific Northwest and only about 1 1/2 hours from some of the outer rim campgrounds. I have gone camping either pitching a tent or using a camper and they are both fun ways to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted