1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What does your CBabble user name mean?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bibsoutdoors, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

14 years ago I retired from Paramedics. I vowed to never put a uniform or suit on again. Donned my first pair of bib overalls and have never looked back. My wife wishes I'd look back, but she tolerates me! I wear them into the back country or camping. Lots of pockets!
    ffd27314c39b58e06b5e5cf3958ec1b1.jpg

What's your story?

Bibsoutdoors

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Well "kille" is the first part of my last name. "Roy" is the nickname my wife bestowed upon me and "154" is my street address. It's also my Gmail address killeroy154@gmail.com. I know not very creative. The beaver is my totem.

On outdoor base camp it's Roybrew. "Roy" is the same, and "brew" is the last part of my last name. Don't ask how I screwed that up.

My wife says that we ought to open a bar, Killebrew's Pub. I don't even drink except root beer. Of course there is a Killebrew's root beer 30e0a82c76d47806c7c886def89fea20.png Maybe I try to order of couple of 6 packs for my April camping trip. My brother would get a kick out of that.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Your wife giving you the nickname Roy must have a really good story behind it! I wonder if we are allowed to hear it on a "G" rated forum!? Baaahaaaa!

Bibsoutdoors

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...you guys are really creative. What's in a Name? If the truth has to be known "I stole it from a horse!"

Confession is good for the soul isn't it? Northern Dancer is the name of E.P. Taylor's famous horse and one of he more famous horses in the world.

I first named my canoe Northern Dancer and when I joined Camping Babble I selected it as my name. So why did I adopt the title? Northern is understandable. Dancer? Because there is nothing that moves my spirit more than a wilderness scene or even a pretend one; it take my breath away. Can't get enough of it.

So, I'm a Northern, Northerner from the Dominion of Canada and I love to Dance in the spirit of the wilds of anywhere. Hence the name NORTHERN DANCER.

:) No horsing around! :)

upload_2017-2-21_9-43-39.jpeg Northern Dancer (May 27, 1961 – November 16, 1990) was a Canadian-bred Thoroughbred racehorse who won the 1964 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes and became one of the most successful sires of the 20th century. He is considered a Canadian icon, and was inducted into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame in 1965. Induction into the Racing Hall of Fame in both Canada and the United States followed in 1976. As a competitor, The Blood-Horse ranks him as one of the top 100 U.S. Thoroughbred champions of the 20th century. A sire of sires, he is the leading male-line progenitor of modern Thoroughbreds.

dads318is and Bibsoutdoors like this.
  5. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

So your name comes from a much beloved respected champion. My name comes from a pair of blue jeans (an item once considered a necessity for the poor of poor in my country.)
    Let's see, powerhouse champion vs Dungeries hmmm that's a short contest. Lol

Bibsoutdoors

6. Northern Dancer

...oh, did I tell ya they named a street after me...err..ah...I mean the horse?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp1luPUy7WdJRh_pzvOV2X9rTfGIwv3oQoT45O4N0UZTXjxtkNBw.jpg

7. Northern Dancer

=====> :)
    ...love the dog.

8. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

The dogs name is Snoop. Given to her by a previous owner.
    My wife and I started to adopt elderly sick dogs that the different humane societies were ready to put down. Being old ifs a stroke against adoption and being old and sick is a sure death sentence. We have adopted four in the last eight years. Take them to the vet get done what needs to be done and hopefully give them a happy remainder to their lives. It's been really hard on both of us. It's do easy to love these dogs and then sickness (usually some form of cancer) takes them. No different with Snoop. We just finished $6,000 worth of surgery and treatments and the vet tells us we will be lucky to have her 6 - 8 months. The thought of losing her just kills me, I love this dog. We are not sure we can continue to do this. Well see.

Bibsoutdoors

Northern Dancer likes this.
  9. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Um well mine is from my name, Melissa. My husband insisted my nickname would be Missy when we met when everyone else called me Meli. I've heard that people read my username as "iffy", but it was a term he came up with to say I "missyified" something to say I put my spin on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

My email was hacked sometime back and I had to create a new one. I tried for about 15 min. and everything was taken. I was mad so I tried madman. It worked and here I am. The 4800 is my address.

Northern Dancer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted