1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What game do you play during the night when camping?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by whnuien, Jun 13, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuien Newbie

My favourite one is card games. There was one time my group and I stayed up until after midnight because of playing Blackjack.

When I was a kid though, once my siblings and I attempted to play hide and seek in the night when we went out for camping one day. My dad caught us and we all got beaten on our legs with rattan :D

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Hide and seek probably isn't the best idea in the dark in the middle of the woods, especially in unfamiliar terrain. You're found to really hurt yourself stumbling over a root or rock ,or get lost, or disturb some nasty animals...

3. whnuien

whnuien Newbie

You are right :) Being a young kid that time all I thought about was having fun all the time.

Now that I'm a mother, I promised to myself that I'll never allow my own kid to do that too while we are out somewhere someday. I hated my dad that time but now I understand why he was so angry at us.

4. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

We played card games and word games. Sometimes we brought along puzzles and magazines filled with mental thinking quiz's. We also played kick ball and who could gather the most firewood. (I think dad thought of that one). I don't ever remember being bored, except maybe on heavy rainy days.

5. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

as long as there are no electronics, anything goes

campforums likes this.
  6. campforums

If you don't have cards (or light) there's also all sorts of word games you can play which is especially fun when you know the people you are playing with very well. Like 20 questions, two truths and a lie or one that I particularly like is telephone.

7. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Skipping stones, Light Step, and Touch quick are rather common games for me and mine. Other than that I'm rather solitary and more concern with rather awful choices... "Yes, let's ride our bikes off the cliff! We'll totally make it guys!"

8. campforums

It depends what is down below you... Cliff jumping into the lake can be very fun and exhilarating and completely safe as long as you double check for rocks or other hazards at the bottom before you make your first jump.

Esperahol likes this.
  9. Sweetkymom

Sweetkymom Newbie

We have a no electronic rule so anything outside electronics goes. We usually play card games late into the night while talking a s catching up.

10. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

I make lots and lots and lots of bad choices - and I'm okay with that. My insurance company is not nor is my mother, but I personally am okay with the horrible risks I take with the integrity of my limbs.

Draft saved Draft deleted