1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What is your favorite way to pass the time at your camp site?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by campforums, Jun 26, 2015.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Of course when you go camping there is a lot to do. You have to dock your canoe, clear the camp site, pitch your tent, raise tarps, gather firewood, and the list goes on and on. Then of course there are also conventional camping activities like exploring the area, swimming, song singing, etc.

However sometimes people get tired of this and need some time to relax and recuperate. What do you like to do when you have a spare moment at your campsite? I really like reading and it usually is not too much trouble to get a card game going. Any other Camping Babble favorites?

2. L_B

L_B Explorer

My favorite way to pass the time at the camp site is having a few good ones and listening to my man jamming on his guitar. He is very good at it and there is just something about a campfires and guitars. I also like to go for long walks on the many trails that are at each campground. I enjoy exploring and seeing new things. I enjoy everything about camping. It is just nice to be in the good outdoors and taking in all the beauty.

3. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

Fishing ! Why go camping if you are not going to catch fish while you are there ? I know, that is just my thoughts on this; but I really enjoy fishing, and camping when you are fishing just makes it even better.
    Truthfully, I do also like following trails, walking along the edge of the water and seeing what I can find (this is especially fun when you are camping near the ocean !), and sometimes, just laying around and reading a good book.
    If it is a place where you can swim, then that is always one of my favorite things to do as well.

When I was a kid, and we went camping; I used to like to catch frogs, tadpoles, and even water snakes . There were no venomous snakes where I grew up, so I didn't have to worry about being bitten. I am really sure that if I saw a snake out there now; that it could just go on itss way, and I would not be trying to chase it down and catch it anymore.

L_B likes this.
  4. red

red Newbie

Hiking is my go to. I usually pick spots that require some sort of hike with my equipment to the car (call me crazy), but even beyond that, just exploring the environment and nearby trails is one of my favorite parts of camping - especially if it involves water or a waterfall.

I usually bring a deck of cards (preferably Uno), too, if the group needs some down time.

5. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

Playing my ukulele is my favorite pastime. I bring a Martin OXK soprano. I read during quiet time hours, and, yes, check my phone for forum updates :)

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted