1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What is your most memorable trip?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by bigteeth96, Sep 1, 2013.

1. bigteeth96

bigteeth96 Newbie

My most memorable trip was going with a few friends. At night, we had a very long hike and then a campfire. We sung songs and roasted marshmallows. Then we walked some more. It was just a good trip overall. Not so much what I did, but who I was with... the little things. It was beautiful that night!

2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I would have to say that the trips we took as a family when I was young were the most memorable. Those trips up into the north central parts of New York and parts of Pa, gave me my love of camping. The smoky smell and taste of the campfire in the air and in the burgers we ate. The boating and hiking, fishing and spending time helping mom cook meals, really gave me a love of my family and a closeness that sticks with me even now. It wasn't so much where we went but more important was the fact we went as a family unit that has stayed in my mind all these many years later.

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I'd say my most memorable trip was when I went to camp as a kid and did the overnight canoe excursions. Probably because I was along with a bunch of friends and other kids my own age with some camp counsellors who didn't really care what we did, aha.

4. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

It was a hunting trip up north - I was with a group and we were looking for big game: elk, moose, maybe a bear. The thing was we were being tailed by something. It was quiet, but big and very persistent. At night you could hear it moving about and even catch sight of it's eyes. Eventually we managed to lure it into an ambush - turned out to be some sort of cat. It looked messed up - mangy fur, the face was distorted, and the body lines weren't something we recognized. In the end we burned it and burned the ashes. The trip ended up being a success and I got my first elk - which is delicious.

5. TABL

TABL Explorer

Lately I've been reminiscing about a camping trip we took years ago. It was me and my husband, and our best friends who were dating at the time. Plus our two kids who were 1 and 3. We had an extra 2 sets of hands for the kids... and other adults to talk to at night when the kids slept. We had a blast!!

Draft saved Draft deleted