1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What is your Totem

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by killeroy154, Aug 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. gracer

gracer Explorer

I've never really thought about a totem for my own but now that I've read this thread, I could say that my totem would be a dog. I'm a mom and I want to protect my family at all times from any kind of danger or harm even if it means offering my life for their safety. Those are the qualities that I also see in dogs, they are very loyal and protective when it comes to their owners.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...good choice gracer. As you see in my crest I have the bear, the wolf AND my dog. He/they have always been an important part of my camp life. My newer dog Tripper is learning very fast and I'm pleased with his progress. He will be ready for the next phase of my camping adventure. However - non of the equipment that I have at the moment fits him. :( He will have to grow and by next summer will have filled out enough to be able to wear the safety coat, life jacket, dog pack, and other devices that would be necessary. :)

gracer likes this.
  3. gracer

gracer Explorer

Thanks @Northern Dancer! :) I see that you also love dogs as well as I do. I think that they are indeed good companions during outdoor activities like hiking and camping. They not only provide companionship but they can also help when it comes to searching for food, sensing danger, rescuing, and protecting you from danger.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I've always felt more secure when I have a dog on a solo canoe trip. I kinda talk to him like he was human. :)

5. gracer

gracer Explorer

Oh that is so true! :) I also have this dog named Benjie whom I consider to be my constant companion nowadays because its mostly just the two of us left in the house. Sometimes I just sit beside him and talk to him as though he was a real human being. Of course he just sits there and stares at me but somehow I feel that he understands everything I say. We've also taken him along with us to our nature trips especially when we just go and hike along the mountain near our place. Dogs are wonderful companions indeed! :)

Northern Dancer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted