1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What Would You Do If You Encountered A Bigfoot?

Discussion in 'Nature' started by 2sweed, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

While many people believe that Bigfoot's are out there in the woods and hiding in mountainous regions, I often wonder how I might react if while hiking or camping I found myself face-to-face with one of these creatures. Recently a man from our county claimed that one had crossed the road right in front of his car and then laid claim to seeing them in the woods. But I wonder if he saw a black bear or other animal and decided to make a name for himself by attracting attention and getting the TV show about Bigfoot to come in and make a show in our forest.
    The TV show producers did come and the noises they claimed were a Bigfoot were normal forest noises for our area. Kind of like making a fool of yourself on national TV.

But what if you did encounter Bigfoot? Do you think you would stay and stare or runaway, or faint from fear? I am not sure which I would do or at the very least which I would do first. lol What about you???

2. 2sweed

I guess the answer to this one is run as fast as possible in the other direction. :)

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

You raise an interesting point about where the story of bigfoot first came from. I know it is very old but I wonder if anyone knows how the first siting of bigfoot became such a legend

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

:dead: Give him your cell phone number to arrange an interview?

5. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

The realistic answer is die, because it would kill me. The ideal answer is run away screaming. The fantastic answer is to establish communication and be best friends forever. Or all of the above or something.

6. Northern Dancer

Good answer...realistic, ideal and fantastic.

7. viper1

viper1 Novice Camper

Take some pics before he eats you and throw where people can find. You'd be famous as first killed by big foot. Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2sweed likes this.
  8. Animal Grace

Animal Grace Newbie

Ask for an ID

9. 2sweed

Liked all these responses. I wonder who would be brave enough to walk up and shake hands or offer Bigfoot a beer. Like those goofy ads on the tv.

10. 2sweed

Please continue to share your very interesting and humorous responses to this question. New members join in and voice your thoughts as well. If you met one of these in the woods what would you do?

bigfoot.jpg

11. Northern Dancer

k4i5u1.jpg Give him the number of my hair dresser?

campforums likes this.
  12. whnuien

whnuien Newbie

Haha the bigfoot obviously will not be friendly so I'm lucky that I'm not a type who faint as soon I get shocked! I would take the chance to run as fast as possible and scream as loud as I can and hope for the best :D

2sweed likes this.
  13. tess pfeif

tess pfeif Newbie

If I'm being honest, probably run. I don't know a bigfoot's threat level, I don't know how fast they are, I don't know anything about them-thus, they are a huge threat.

If I'm being a bit less honest-track and/or stare at them. Try to find where they live, possibly learn some of their habits as long as I remain undetected. If they seem gentle, perhaps try approaching them slowly and/or learning how other animals approach them and follow suit.

14. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

If I were to encounter a bigfoot while in the forest then I would be screwed. I would need to run but what if he runs faster and steps on me. If I were to have a gun it would have to be a S&W 500, M1100 minigun, and a Barrett M107 sniper rifle. An AR15 would not do.

15. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Come on guys, everyone these days carries a camera (smartphone) you should all be snapping pictures to share with the rest of us!

16. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

You can snap pics of the bigfoots from a distance you just have to be careful. Last thing you want is a aggressive thousand pound animal destroying you.