1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What's your favorite stroke?

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by campforums, Oct 18, 2012.

?

What's your favorite stroke?

1. Freestyle/Front Crawl

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Back Crawl

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Breast Stroke

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Butterfly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I thought I'd post a poll to see what everyone's favorite swim stroke was.

For me its front crawl (I have a feeling this is the same for most people).

2. joker

joker Newbie

I honestly don't have one. I don't even what this means.

3. campforums

You've never heard these names/terminology? You don't do much swimming I'm guessing... or watch the Olympics?

4. Toxique

Toxique Newbie

My favorite would be the Breast Stroke or maybe even the doggy paddle lol jk

5. campforums

lol, maybe I should add that one to the poll...

6. robertson123

robertson123 Newbie

I like freestyle front crawl i think its by far the easiest one to learn:)

7. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

I use the front crawl and since I'm very lazy I try to be as streamlined as possible but the older you get the more un-streamlined we tend to become!

8. TABL

TABL Explorer

I love to swim but I can honestly say I don't know the different strokes.
    My sons take swim lessons and learn them, and it's fun to watch.

9. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Breast stroke FTW! Although sometimes it creeps into the butterfly and vise-versa. Ah, the headaches I used to give my swim coach.

10. Norrwen

Norrwen Newbie

I would have to say breast stroke, as it's most comfortable for me.

11. Foster

Foster Newbie

FreeStyle

12. Peaceweapon

Peaceweapon Newbie

I prefer overarm, which I think is the same as front crawl. I find it less draining than other styles and I can swim around fairly fast. Breast stoke is the one I use the second most, its nice and relaxing once you know how to do it properly. I've never been able to master the butterfly, no matter how many times I tried, I gave up because I just looked ridiculous

13. Karto

Karto Newbie

Some sort of front crawl probably. I just get my head under the water and start a high intensity swim for like 10-15 seconds. That's all I can take without breaqthing haha

It surprises me how fast I can swim that way. Hopefully I'll achieve such speed with other styles this summer.

Lots and lots of practice coming up.. :)

14. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

I am best at the backstroke. And for me it is fun cause I love to look up at the sky. I have always been fastest when I swim the backstroke too. And this is weird, but I can't do the breaststroke very well at all. Just seems strange to me. But I never got the hang of it.

15. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I had to say backstroke. I love laying on my back and using flippers on my feet to float and kick & flutter my toes to move along in a lake or deep stream. This is the easiest way of swimming for beginners and old folks to enjoy being in the water. I also do a front or doggy paddle when I am to lazy to do the breast stroke. lol

16. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

I prefer breast stroke when I am in the water. I do excel in swimming using different methods ,but I like the breast stroke method. The most important thing is not to drown in the water.

17. bigteeth96

bigteeth96 Newbie

I like the freestyle because it is the fastest for me, even if energy inefficient. The breast stroke is fun for relaxing though.

18. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

You know for the record I also enjoy dolphin kicks - however I am still working on my technique. That said I like using it for when I need to pick up some speed really quick.

Draft saved Draft deleted