1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What's your favorite treat you make before going camping?

Discussion in 'Food' started by NaturalBeauty_35, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. My favorite treats I make before going camping is Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies. I bake them all time, especially for camping. There's no fun camping out without some sort of treat. When I do make them, and bring them to the campsite, I normally know these cookies will disappear very quickly right before my eyes. I made some this morning, but this time I added peanut butter. Yummy!!! :p

Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Brownies-RecipeGirl.com-1.jpg

I'm planning on spending the whole weekend fishing and camping until Monday afternoon. This time I'm making sure I hide some of these delicious cookies for myself. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

Those look REALLY good, next time hide some for us and mail it to us?

Can you please make a guide on how to bake these?

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Wow those are really good looking cookies I love soft and chewy cookies. How did the cookies come out when you put peanut butter in them? I always like peanut butter cookies they good when you have sugar on them.

4. Actually, Profit5500. They came out pretty good adding peanut butter into the recipe. I think I'm going to continue adding peanut butter into this cookie recipe. I'm not fond of really over baked cookies because I like soft and chewy myself. :p

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Ha ha ha ha I am glad I found someone who liked soft and chewy cookies. I see the ending result came out perfect for you which is good. How long have you been baking @NaturalBeauty_35?

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Have you ever tried making them while you are at the camp site?

That's half the fun XD

7. weekender

weekender Newbie

We usually just bring trail mix and some peanut brittle packed in plastic ziplocs. Those pastries up there look yummy. I may not be able to wait until I get to the base camp if I have those with me. LOL! I will attack them any time.

8. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

I know you will attack those pastries lol. I would love to have some of those pastries too.

9. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

still waiting for the baking instructions

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Baking some peanut butter cookies and eating them on the trip is quite cool. I would love to know how to bake chocolate chip cookies to take to camp. I can find instructions for that online lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted