1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

What's your favorite type of animal?

Discussion in 'Nature' started by CampAllDay, Mar 14, 2013.

1. CampAllDay

CampAllDay Newbie

I love Lions, I'm not sure why but i just do.

They're like the alpha male of the animal pack, kind of like the Wolf Pack from Twilight.

What's your favorite ?

2. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

This is a hard question for me. Because I am such a huge animal lover. And there are such beautiful and awesome animals out there. Bu if I had to pick one I guess I would say the dolphin. They are intellegent, cute and gentle. And I love to swim and I wish I could swim with the dolphins.

3. lindsay365

lindsay365 Newbie

i have lived to like cats and dogs as they have a very unique character. i usually like the cat due to its bravery it notices an enemy from far away and it acts bravery to prove to them that they are wrongs this makes me think how i should deal with people who will always have negative altitude. but i almost 100% love the dog due to it wise-like-stupid actions they can hide be hide a thick grass this really makes me enjoy.

4. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

Ones that make small "piles" and that leave me alone.

5. Angelle

Angelle Newbie

I love animals but my favorite would have to be dogs. I say that because I have been around them the most, and I think I know all there is to know about dogs. When it comes to other animals, I am not that knowledgeable so it's hard to pick anything else other than dogs. One thing I can say about animals is that they all have their own personality like humans, which I think is so cute. I used to have a dog to come home to but unfortunately I had to give her away because of the strict rules at my new apartment--it was the hardest thing that I ever had to do. Soon, my boyfriend and I will be able to purchase another dog, and I can't wait--they just melt my heart.

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That's quite a pessimistic view to take...

I don't know if I could choose a favorite animal, there are so many different criteria that it is hard for me to decide. Are you choosing an animal based on beauty, agility, companionship, strength, survival, unique attributes? You see where I'm going with this?

7. CampAllDay

CampAllDay Newbie

i grew up loving insects.. i like predatory katydids.. they're almost alien like.. easy to take care of for those who don't have the time and money they can be easily bred. the only problem is that you have to travel south to warmer areas to catch them.

8. campforums

I don't consider that to be a problem, and there are plenty (trust me, PLENTY) of insects around during the summer months here in southern Ontario.

9. pinsmatt

pinsmatt Newbie

The animal I probably admire most for its sheer bravado and beautiful appearance is the skunk. Odd, I know, but having worked in a state park, I learned that the skunk doesn't care about you or anything else. It has a great nose for finding food and that's what it's going to do. Because it has fairly poor eyesight, the skunk can startle easily and, therefore, spray, but remaining quiet is a great way to watch an animal that has more bravado than a mountain lion. While the puma relies on stealth, the skunk simply walks into your campsite and begins looking for that awesome hamburger cooking on the grill or the open bag of garbage lying at the foot of the picnic table. Granted, the skunks in my area have become used to human food and garbage, but I would bet that it's true of most places and areas where you can go camping.

10. Jpix

Jpix Newbie

Hmn.. It's hard to really pick a favorite, because I generally have so many of them, But if I had to go and pick one, I think it would have to be the panda. I have a huge collection of panda stuffed animals and various items with pandas on them. I just think they are really adorable, like a big deadly teddy bear.
    My husband compares them to me. 'Cute, Cuddly and ferocious.'

11. campforums

I've seen them in the zoo before, I love the way they sit there slowly munching away at their bamboo haha

12. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

I quite enjoy snakes, but I guess my favorite is entirely pedestrian. I like dogs. I like how they look, I like how they act, and I like how completely awesome they are at scaring up things for me to hunt. Squirrels, birds, deer, occasionally bears (I'm more a big dog fan than a small yapper).

13. bigteeth96

bigteeth96 Newbie

I enjoy dogs. They are man's best friend. If I had a dog, I would bring him camping along with me.

14. Jason

Jason Newbie

I love Cheetah, the fastest running animal. I like its speed and hunting technique, a great animal.

Draft saved Draft deleted