1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

When there is no food

Discussion in 'Food' started by Alexandoy, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

Some campers have experienced running out of food and the usual solution is to cut short their camping trip. But during my camping days when I was assistant scout master, lack of food is a good challenge to cultivate the creativity of the scouts. In those situations, I learned extraordinary food like white worms which tasted like milk, the wild taro that could be eaten raw and small animals that are edible. I also learned to hunt bird eggs. It's so nice to recall those days when we were scavenging for food in the woods.

Lisa likes this.
  2. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

Well I am very very thankful to report that I have not been here, but we have had some interesting times when it was a real possibility. It is amazing how your mind can changed when the thought enters in, and I do not wish it upon anyone.

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

It has never happened to me/us. Planning prohibits the same; if anything we tend to be over supplied. Even in my novice/amateur days food was never an issue - ever. Equipment was, but never food.

Draft saved Draft deleted