1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Whew Boy It Sure Is Hot!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by killeroy154, Jul 18, 2018.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Are most people camping? Or are you just holding in the air conditioning waiting for cooler weather?

Me personally it's just to hot in these parts for my liking. Most times this time of year I don't have the urge for camping. I do look at past fall pictures, and that does lift my spirits. The first picture was just as fall starts, very little color could be seen, but you could tell that fall was in the air. #2 is local lake in my area, they just start the winter draw down. #3 is coming across the Smokey mtns. #4 is a local river near the Virginia and Tennessee state line. Which my wife enjoy canoeing there.

Just curious how everyone on here is doing this summer. 20160917_113542.jpegView attachment 4801 20161029_184224.jpeg 20161108_120302.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Liz_simmons707

Liz_simmons707 Novice Camper

Where I live, it has been 100 degrees, but 30 minutes away, it is 65 degrees under redwood canopies. I spent the hottest days this summer camping.

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Are the redwoods in a higher altitude area, or is it just the thick canopy that cools it down?

4. Liz_simmons707

Liz_simmons707 Novice Camper

Thick canopy and proximity to the coastal fog. I live under a thick canopy of madrones, tanoaks, pine and just a few redwoods, but 30 miles inland. The place I like to camp is a little lower altitude but dropping toward the coast. Microclimate

Draft saved Draft deleted