1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Winter Camping Terrain

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Northern Dancer, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

upload_2018-1-5_19-52-58.jpeg Three nights out in bitter cold. In spite of that, the *terrain was inviting and the experience invigorating. The only thing heard at night was the crackling of the stove in my Alaknak and cracking tree limbs in the frigid moonlight.

IMG_1386.jpg Across the bridge...

IMG_1388.jpg Over the creek...

IMG_1392.jpg Past a spring fed water hole...
    There are faint wisps of steam.

IMG_1400.jpg Up the trail...

IMG_1399.jpg Through the forested area...

IMG_1405.jpg And on to the camp site.

*Everton in the Eramosa River Area

LIKE TO SEE YOUR WINTER TERRAIN

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Love the snow. Great pictures. Did you take your own fire wood?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Northern Dancer

There is a ban on taking your own firewood in this neck of the woods. However, there is an abundance of wood supply and a lot of dead trees and branches close by. The creek was our water supply, a bit safer than the Eramosa. I didn't take any water from the spring - not sure why.

I'll be showing other pics on another thread.

4. taffyvaper

taffyvaper Newbie

Nice photos

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Yes, they are trying to slow the spread of invasive species. They ask campers in the state parks here to only bring heat treated firewood, or purchase wood on site. I can understand that. North America is losing all its ash trees because of an invasive bug or fungus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Alexandoy likes this.
  6. Northern Dancer

...the Mountain Pine Beetle effects pines and the invasive Emerald Ash borer does a job on other species. We just never know where Camping Babble threads will lead us.

IMG_1396.jpg Let's take the other foot bridge and back to camp.

killeroy154 likes this.
  7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

This is sad news because I wonder how the authorities can truly protect the forest against invasive species. This reminds me of the unknown bug that ravage the coconut farms here. The lady bug was the predator of the unknown bugs that they called Cocolisap so they tried to gather lady bugs to be placed in coconut plantations. But that process did not succeed. Fortunately one coconut farmer experimented and the cure was fertilizer. When the coconut is given fertilizer then it becomes strong and immune to the pest.

Draft saved Draft deleted