1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Women - Take your makeup?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Jessi, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Novice Camper

For the ladies out there....

Do you take your makeup when you go camping? Do you do a 'full face' or just toss on some basics? Or do you think it's silly to bother at all?

And men, what do your wives/girlfriends do?

2. lindsay365

lindsay365 Newbie

Some have their make up with them though they do not really apply it. Life in a camp is quite different from the city life so you may not have the time and energies to apply such make up. It beats logic to apply make up on a dusty environment that is common in many camps, unless you go to an indoor camping place. I have never seen an girl I have gone with for camping apply any make up!

3. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

I always have my make-up with me. When we are camping sometimes I will add some color to my lips or face. But alot of times I am living in the water anyway. And we are doing everything from trailwalking to catching frogs. So really, it would not be practical.

4. shaneparkins

shaneparkins Newbie

From the women I have camped with it's always been the basics as it's very hard on most occasions to get any electricity - also when you carry a mirror there is always the chance of it smashing. Times like this I'm glad I'm male and do not use make up - I'm not that way inclined :d

5. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

My girlfriend doesn't wear makeup in the bush. She wears her hair in a ponytail and places a ballcap on her head. I do bring the solar shower with us though to keep fresh out there.

6. CampAllDay

CampAllDay Newbie

I recommend females to come naturally instead of wearing makeup./

7. Masoom001

Masoom001 Newbie

According to my point of view, women always take their Make-up Kit, whatever the conditions and circumstances may be. So they don't mind whether they are on Camping or on some sort of Function like Wedding, ceremony, etc.

8. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I don't wear make-up at all, so the choice is easy for me. I see no reason to bring it unless the place your camping at is a large campground where you might be interacting with others at bingo games or golf, or just sitting around talking. But out on the trail or in deep-woods camping just having sun protection creme and lip gloss, would be all that I would bring. I have seen women all decked out with lots of makeup and mostly seen women with very little or no makeup on the trails.

9. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I'm surprised to hear that, I don't know many girls/women who don't wear any makeup on daily basis.

But yeah I always wonder how women can even tell what makeup other females are wearing. Anything I say would only be a guess, haha.

10. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Erik, It is always nice to be surprised, it makes day less boring that way. lol I don't wear makeup because I have always been allergic to most all of it. I found that I did not miss putting all that stuff on my face, as I like the natural look. Thus thou I am an older woman people are always surprised when I tell them how old I am. I guess I don't look the part. But I have nothing against wearing makeup, it's a personal choice.
    It is real easy to tell when someone has way too much makeup on, it is layered on way to thick. Light makeup is easy as well a bit of lipstick and eye shadow, mascara and face powder. We almost always use facial creams and lotions to keep our youthful appearances. Maybe it is harder for a man to notice, because the face is not always the first thing guys notice about a woman. lol Hope you have a good day!

11. anyamarina

anyamarina Newbie

I don't like going outside without my make up unless it's to do grocery shopping or something. However, I'd never go camping with my makeup unless it was with someone I was dating or interested in, heh. Otherwise, who in the world is even going to see my makeup? The bears in the woods? I can't imagine all the sweat and the makeup, plus I'd have to carry around my makeup remover and cotton balls. I bet it'd be a real pain to remove it outdoors.

12. Kementarri

Kementarri Newbie

Well this is actually really simple for me as well - I don't wear make up at all. The only time I ever wear make-up is if I am attending a wedding or a ceremony of some kind... and even then it is just the basics... I don't tend to get all decked out. I find that make-up when applied appropriately looks good on most women, but it really isn't a needed thing... more of a preference in my opinion (unless you are really that self-conscious/ugly that you feel the need to wear make-up - although I think everyone is beautiful without it).

I also think that it is impractical to wear make-up out in the bush, or when you are camping deep in the woods. What's the point? I mean if you are going to be hiking, building campfires, swimming, portaging, canoeing, and sitting around a campfire... then is there really a need for make-up? In my opinion, no.

The only time that I could see women wearing make-up whilst outdoors camping is if they are at a big commercial camp ground where they hold dinners and have golf clubs... then.. I could see why some women would choose to bring along make-up and nicer clothing.

2sweed likes this.
  13. Erin Michele

Erin Michele Novice Camper

A natural summer tan and Chapstick. That's all for me.

14. whnuien

whnuien Newbie

I really don't bother about make-up when I'm out for camping or out in the jungle as it does not contribute any to my comfort but I do put some perfume on though.

I remember my father telling us that smelling nice will get a wild animal to stay away :D That is probably why it's best for hunters to smell bad when they're out for hunting so it attracts the animal to come closer and be caught :D

Draft saved Draft deleted