1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Writers of Exams...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Northern Dancer, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

For those of our Camping Babble constituency who are finishing up writing any kind of exam...

t7k9sp.jpg We would like to think so...

GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES. When it is all behind hopefully you will think SUMMER!:):):):):dead:

campforums likes this.
  2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I've noticed that "Keep calm" is kinda your mantra

3. Northern Dancer

The "Keep Calm" series was a creation of the Ministry of Information in Great Britain during the war. [Thus the crown at the top.] England new that it was alone and part of the plan was to bolster the people with encouraging signs. Apparently it didn't work and actually backfired. The People were already resolved. Since that time people have used the phrase to cover just about anything.

I have used it on this occasion because I know that there are some of our membership writing, or just finishing up exams. It was my simple way of making an attempt to encourage people who may be in this situation.

campforums likes this.
  4. campforums

I guess that explains why there is a crown in the image but that's something I never knew, thanks. I just assumed it was an internet thing since it is so widely used now and that was the first place I saw it.

5. Northern Dancer

It's just UBI as some students would call it. Useless Bit of Information. :wacky:

6. campforums

Yes, but if you collect enough of those then people will consider you knowledgeable

7. Northern Dancer

Thanks!

8. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Explorer

Oh thats a good time for a "good luck" ;-).. just wrote the worst maths exam ever hehe..

campforums likes this.
  9. Northern Dancer

@Saul Goodman

We all, or at least most of us, have had those experiences. Discouraging to say the least. I took an economic elective in university as suggested by my academic adviser. "You will like it," he said. I failed it miserably. The professor said to me, "Of all students that I have had you received the lowest mark ever." Talk about killing my self esteem. Well...on the way home I pulled the car over to the curb and cried. Did I say cry? Yes...I cried. You see...it was the last subject that I needed to graduate. I had to wait another six months to complete my course of study because of that one subject.

Did I graduate? Yes - and with honours but not in economics.

10. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Explorer

Well, that can happen anytime! and even real men need to cry sometime ;-)

11. Northern Dancer

We all experience tough times of some sort in life. The secret, if there is such a thing, is how we manage them. Sometimes the experience can be a good teacher. I've learned in life that not all failures are failures - sometimes they can be blessings in disguise. Set backs can help us smarten up, do what we know we are supposed to do. The thing is...do you want to win? What are you prepared to do about it?

12. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Explorer

Thats it, you are totaly right! Its good to be happy in life, if you keep beeing depressed or stuff then you can never find the good things!

campforums likes this.
  13. Northern Dancer

You are an okay kind of a guy Mr. Goodman - stay with your own, cherish friendships, hug life, embrace creation - and another thing.................................go camping when you can. :)

upload_2015-2-23_10-49-48.jpeg

14. campforums

Oh man, that has got to suck but it sounds like you made the best of a bad situation. I know how frustrating that must have been having to wait a whole 6 months, I have had moments like there were I was just praying for a pass lol.

Saul Goodman likes this.
  15. Northern Dancer

Isn't that true. But I had to maintain more than just a pass. The other part of the story was that I had to wait for a promotion. It all worked out of course and it also gave me legitimate empathy when it came the time that I would be working with students. There wasn't much that they could tell me that I hadn't experienced in my own life.

:bear: I reminded Dancer "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

campforums and Saul Goodman like this.
  16. Northern Dancer

It's just about that time again isn't it?
    To all our Babblers who are preparing to
    write tests, examinations,
    present a thesis, or demonstrate a project.
    We extend to you our hearty desire
    for success in all that you do.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGBuhc5NGccoBxm7qK9PdAagymtQKIiOlCPGq1T12UYY7PEk55DQ.png

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Saul Goodman likes this.
  17. campforums

Hmm, I don't know the source of that quote but it doesn't sound right. It reads like it was written by someone who speaks English as a second language. Nevertheless, I agree with the sentiment.

18. Northern Dancer

:thumbsup:

Actually...I thought that too. Though I have seen it elsewhere with the word exam being different. But I do know that the experience has been true in some cases.

Draft saved Draft deleted