1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

YOUR AWESOME EXPERIENCES...

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

upload_2016-10-21_18-44-18.jpeg

...that's what camping is all about -
    isn't it?
    It's about the awesome experiences we enjoyed;
    those memories that we packed away somewhere
    in the back of our mind that brings quiet delight.

SHARE WITH US...
    YOUR AWESOME EXPERIENCES!

upload_2016-10-21_18-46-31.jpeg We could pretend that we are gathered around the campfire somewhere in the darkest night.

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I had a video of my dad and oldest brother standing around the campfire talking politics last time we were camping together. You couldn't see anything except the fire, but listening to both of them discussing politics and poking at the fire was funny. They always disagree with each other over these issues.

3. Northern Dancer

-------------------------------------> :)

"Likes this!"

4. Northern Dancer

...what's awesome for me?

The first time I saw a satellite shooting across a black sky dotted with stars, the black bear that sauntered into camp, "foxfire, laying on a warm rock heated by the daytime sun staring up into the sky watching the Hale Bopp comet. Looking directly into a crackling fire and feeling all mushy and warm, watching the sunrise and the sunset, tasting a snow flake as it fall out of the sky and landed on my tongue, the first I saw Niagara Falls......

What a Wonderful World

I see trees of green, red roses too
    I see them bloom for me and you
    and I think to myself...what a wonderful world.
    I see skies of blue and clouds of white
    the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
    and I think to myself what a wonderful world.
    The colours of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
    are also on the faces of people going by,
    I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do,
    they're really saying "I love you!"

by Louis Armstrong

You know it - go ahead - hum the rest of it!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDSfC0B8tzDfF6qOimFjoAlB6dVKlGiqMCyw1rdAHfBC0zSBiZxg.jpg

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Novice Camper

My greatest camping was when I was in 5th grade when we went to a well-known school with mountains within the area. It was really unforgettable and I really enjoyed it. Not to mention that it was my first camping :) I would want to try it again with my friends and loved ones but I don't know when will that happen since we're all busy with our careers.

6. tpicks

tpicks Newbie

One memorable experience in my last camping was the camp fire night. During the day we spent some time gathering bamboo woods and other heavy woods to make a huge fire at night. So at night we succeeded in making the fire and formed a circle around it for the show. There was a heavy music playing from the background of the show. Foods and drinks were supplied for all and there was great excitement and dance that rent the atmosphere. We did all these under light from the burning wood.

Northern Dancer likes this.
  7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

It was my last time to go on hunting. We were all guys and the challenge was to shoot birds. The forest was not really wild but still it was kind of scary. The overnight camping was fun with the bonfire where we exchanged stories and jokes. Our tent was a long blanket only and the 8 of us slept under it. When it was time to leave, I was adjudged the winner with 4 birds. That's a moment to remember.

8. Northern Dancer

...great stuff Alexandoy - waiting to hear from others. If you are like me you have more than one story to tell and all our stories are great.

Ever seen the Aurora Borealis?

The Aurora is an incredible light show caused by collisions between electrically charged particles released from the sun that enter the earth's atmosphere and collide with gases such as oxygen and nitrogen. The lights are seen around the magnetic poles of the northern and southern hemispheres.

By some freak of nature we got just a bit of this sensation in late October a few years back. Couldn't believe it but there there were - fantastic and I didn't even have to go the Pole to see them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8lR41Gn-0PU1YhXYkMLKKgGLBJtNgs0fDTcx8rvFzLGrDFdk7SQ.jpg

Alas - the ones that we saw were not as brilliant as what
    the natives would see.

9. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

My most memorable camping trip was in South Carolina at lake Thurmond. I was on a Scout trip and our Scout Master got all of us up early in the morning and took as to a point overlooking the lake. There were a few telescopes and several pairs of binoculars for everyone to share. We watched Halley's Come streak across the sky. Considering this only happens every 75 years it made it a very special moment. Ever since that night I always watch the night sky because you never know what you might see.

I have seen the Aurora but never far enough from the city lights. I live in Minnesota so we do get them but I what bet they are so much better for our neighbors to the North.

killeroy154 and Northern Dancer like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted