1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Your Thoughts on Glamping

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by gracer, Aug 16, 2016.

1. gracer

gracer Explorer

Hi guys! :)

About 2 months ago, a big hotel here in my city held a glamping activity open for everyone who wanted to join. The fee for each person was quiet high if I compare it to the regular camping activities my family and I usually do. I did not join the glamping activity but I saw it on my local TV station. I think that glamping is a very different style compared to regular camping activities.

What do you guys think about glamping? Have you ever participated in one?

FootPathOne likes this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I don't realy understand what glamping is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FootPathOne likes this.
  3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Glamping, also known as luxury camping or glamorous camping, is that escape you've been meaning to take. It's that little break from the hustle and bustle. It's a moment by yourself in a secluded tree house.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSO45VIGC0hhMtgu_fxz-J9hIxG96BoAWyuxkHjvr6q-7S1mtDg.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMq5EMlgWAJDapRUHU76259Bz50qb59m4j5C1BAWHBymhfOSrRRg.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0DQjFUL4EH1P4AQ7kVRSbv0WBvCafLFqlr0KKv6FsMipL89lHAQ.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrhOqwanfUInAigZ824s7Yy6-IQOqopguuyA2mO0nPNzIEDUtLYQ.jpg

Popular in various parts of the world. Not my style of camping even though I do very well.

FootPathOne and gracer like this.
  4. missyify

missyify Survivalist

I want to live in a yurt... So... Permanent glamping?

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

FootPathOne and gracer like this.
  5. gracer

gracer Explorer

I think @Northern Dancer has pretty much explained it well. :) I'm also open to glamping but I find it too luxurious for someone like me who wants to experience more of a survivalist type of camping than a glamorous one. It could be a good activity for people who want to experience camping the more convenient way though.

FootPathOne likes this.
  6. Northern Dancer

...pack and paddle will do me just fine.

FootPathOne likes this.
  7. FootPathOne

FootPathOne Pathfinder

8. Northern Dancer

...every now and then we need to try something different just to confirm what we like most. :)

FootPathOne likes this.
  9. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I think I've heard of glamping here some years back. It was spearheaded by a tv network which was participated in by their contract celebrities. However, it was not open to the public. I guess that is a good way of raising funds if they will sell tickets. For sure it will be expensive since you can have the opportunity to mingle with tv and movie stars. And if that happens, I don't think I can afford the ticket.

10. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I was working on a sleeping bag to blanket conversion while sitting with the wife in front of tv today, when she said "now that's the way to do it"! I looked up from what I was doing and asked what she was talking about? She backed the TV show up and this guy sold one of his signed baseball cards, so he could get enough money to pay for a glamping trip for his daughter. Whhaaa?! I looked at her incredulously. She said "now that's the way to camp". I figure if your camping spot has an out house, that's glamping enough. Especially if it's a 2 seater a0b6a54f05f2d35cddcce14e723e339e.jpg

katskamper and Northern Dancer like this.
  11. Northern Dancer

IMG_0110.jpg THEIRS

IMG_0114.jpg ONE OF MINE

upload_2017-10-23_13-42-59.jpeg upload_2017-10-23_13-43-26.jpeg upload_2017-10-23_13-43-43.jpeg upload_2017-10-23_13-44-30.jpeg

There is a whole culture on Out Houses and there have been many books written about the subject.

Attached Files:

12. katskamper

katskamper Novice Camper

Glamping -my best friend coined the phrase 20 years ago to describe how she , the “Diva” camped. we were out, but not roughing it.
    for us ladies, (my mom) its air beds/frames, not the ground. solar LED lites inside & out. sheets, blankets & floor rugs. nice private porta in corner hiding behind batik tapestry
    yeah, its been blown way crazy for rich beeches, but nice isnt hard to do on budget.
    i just took an older couple 78/85 tent camping in my glamping style & they LOVED it. going again soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Northern Dancer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted