1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

A Bit Of Camping Humor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2sweed, Dec 23, 2014.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Sometimes a bit of camping humor can making a bad day seem a bit brighter, so when I found this funny Ray Stevens video about camping I thought you all might enjoy it. Feel free to add any bits of humor here for the enjoyment of all who learn to love the great outdoors no matter what mishap be falls us. :)

2. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

Seems a lot of people have preconceived notions about what a bunch of guys do way out in the woods. I'm not one to dispel those notions. I just show 'em camping pics.

TheGang_zps98c812ce.png

Northern Dancer and campforums like this.
  3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I can't believe I watched that whole thing!! :eek:

But I guess there is a true lesson at the end of the song, "once you get hooked on camping... la la la la la"

Even after that whole ordeal they end up going back for more. :)

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

5. 2sweed

@Dancer ordered in a few things to warm us up, on this cold winter night.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQHByOdv4o5Nvw00-rb0GdpazKJFZZ-G4X3g9cJydbWNeKo0L6.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT2vYk5FEgElI97Qumpfq1hpwrtk95hhlLakghIA7mJ2UTw7xR8Q.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMhde55-VrKGS4jLdZpuEYiUJuDYz7NBx45QanOqGFq-WEcClK.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcgeokKuQaHO43LWPIke8SpO34-86oNbq5wAS5UPW3FSGah2kf7w.jpg

6. Northern Dancer

...it looks good. Nothing rash, just a a little for medicinal purposes. I'm not really a drinker - a little mazel tov on occasion. My spirit level is healthy and I really don't need additional stimulants. :happy:

7. campforums

Brandy seems to be a favorite of yours...

esq-brandy-030810-lg.jpg

8. Northern Dancer

oh...thank you....is that for me? The aroma is so fabulous it kinda makes the mouth water.

9. campforums

Of course :p

10. Northern Dancer

11. campforums

Haha, well half the time when I am making shadow puppets even I don't know what I'm trying to make until I make it :p

Do you have any favorite sites for comics?

12. Northern Dancer

That needed to be a bit bigger. No, no favourite sites - just whatever comes up.

13. 2sweed

Shadow Puppets: Hum...... Ever wonder how much people on the outside can see of your tent on the inside at night?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuAu26AjheXdiJjwBqTU7cy-jIkAb6tsAI-NGwaBRg8oHBxtHL.jpg

campforums likes this.
  14. Northern Dancer

Rarely do I camp where anyone can see me - accept Scout camp. Other than that I can be relied upon to behave myself. Everyone else is on there own. :angelic:

15. campforums

I think it depends a lot on the color of the fabric of your tent. Some you can basically see as much as that picture of yours lol

16. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

I really wish I:
    1. Needed another tent
    2. Could deal with a pup tent
    3. Had $500 to blow on one.

In case someone hasn't seen them before, the tent with the couple kissing on the side is made by a company called Field Candy. www.fieldcandy.com.
    Some of their designs are awesome! I would love to spend a weekend inside a wedge of cheese!

17. campforums

18. Northern Dancer

...actually I don't own any tents that are see through. I think the reason is that they are four season and are coated inside with a covering that inhibits clear view.

19. campforums

p5-1-03.jpg

20. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

That's Claude Rains' tent

21. Northern Dancer

...and then again I'm not sure what people would want to look at anyway. :peeking::(

22. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Explorer

Thats a great one! :)

23. Northern Dancer

What's the box with X that I think is your signature. What....are you hiding something from the clan or what?

Draft saved Draft deleted