1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Beer Can Recipes?

Discussion in 'Food' started by gi_joy, Jul 15, 2014.

1. gi_joy

gi_joy Novice Camper

I'm curious as to how many of you like to cook in a beer can or with a beer can. My boyfriend taught me this cool trick last time we went camping that involved cooking eggs inside beer cans in a camp fire. He cuts off the top of the beer, rinses it out, and butters up the inside. He then pours scrambled eggs into the beer cans and places the beer cans on top of the burning embers of a leftover campfire. After stirring them up they cook quickly and taste great! Anyone else cook with beer cans?

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

You would be surprised at some of the strange ways that you can cook eggs! One of the weirdest ones that I came across was cooking them in plastic baggies which was fun although I only did it once because I am a bit nervous about the chemicals in the bag seeping out into the food as you heat it. Beer cans, generally being made out of aluminum would make me much less nervous about doing it. The only problem is that I usually buy beer in bottled form.

3. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

sounds like good idea, can also use coke cans. But if you cook a lot of eggs, i doubt the top one will be cooked since the can is narrow

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

A problem easily fixed with a little stirring ;)

...that or you could put a lid on it so that the eat does not escape through the top so it will cook more evenly.

Draft saved Draft deleted