1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Camping Clothespins

Discussion in 'Attire' started by happyflowerlady, Dec 22, 2014.

1. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

I was watching a little video about some easy things to use when camping, and this idea seems like a good one to me. If you are just out for the day, it is probably not anything that you would be thinking of; but if you were going to be gone long enough to need to wash any clothes, then this is a nifty little idea.

Take along some clothesline rope to hang the washed clothes on, but instead of just laying them over the clothesline to dry, use those little plastic bread wrapper fasteners (plastic with a hole in the middle kind) to keep your clothes on the line. It might not keep a pair of wet heavy jeans on the line, but would certainly work for a tee-shirt or something similar. We won't mention undies here; but it would be perfect for those "unmentionables" too.

2. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

I use office supply binder clips for just about everything. Would work here, too.

3. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

I hope I'm wording this right to make it make sense...
    If you take a long rope, wrap it around a tree in half, twist it "about a billion times" then tie the other end to another tree, you can slip clothes between the twists. Also not great for heavy items unless, like in the case of pants, you pull enough of the pants legs through to overlap and hang down to keep them from slipping through. That's one of my "less bulk in the box" tricks.

happyflowerlady likes this.
  4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I know exactly what you speak of BUT I still take my Dollar Store pegs that are tucked away in the little bag that contains the clothes line. :thumbsup:

5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Pardon my crude illustration but do you mean something like this?

tree clothes.png

happyflowerlady likes this.
  6. Northern Dancer

That's funny....but I don't think that is how I remember using it.

images.jpeg

It's more like twinning or wrap around rope - you pull the rope open and put a corner of the article in. When it closes it holds whatever.

But your illustration reminds me of a tree hanger -

upload_2014-12-22_17-55-17.jpeg

I use my hanger principally for cooking instruments. You can use rope, a bungee cord or an old belt.

7. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

The first picture in the above post is what I was talking about.

For cooking utensils and stuff, this was an early way I got room on the table when there were 10 guys trying to load it up.

EarlyTableRack_zps221f9e98.png

8. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Ah okay, that is pretty much what I do... Just a simple clothes line but I guess the second picture @Northern Dancer posted would be alright if the trees were spread apart very far like if you weren't camping in a forest.

9. Northern Dancer

That's was my thought too - my reference was directed to Eric. It's true MacGyver, we get up caught up with the manufacturer's idea of what we should have (buy)when simplicity is frequently the answer.

Just wunderin do they ever call you MADGyver as a nick name? I sure have had some interesting nick names over the years. :)

:bear: Don't pay any attention to him!

10. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

MadGyver? Nope. I never get called anything that tame.

11. Northern Dancer

Ha Ha - but you do have a good sense of humour. :thumbsup:

12. Northern Dancer

I like the rig set up - looks like a whole lot of serious campin going on there! Did I see the ol Scout Patrol/Kitchen box at the end of the table? Dude....you even have my diet coke on the table.

13. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

That chuck box belongs to one of my friends - I think it's still kickin'. The Diet Coke went out right after the divorce - that was her crap. But it was there, so I took it. :)

14. Northern Dancer

Sorry, didn't mean to open an old wound.

15. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

One thing that will eventually become apparent, as it has on just about every forum I'm on, is that I have a very bizarre and sarcastic sense of humor. Believe me - there's no old wounds here. As it happens, I celebrated the divorce with more enthusiasm than the wedding. :D In other words, no apology necessary.

campforums likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted