1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Canada Goose: good or bad

Discussion in 'Attire' started by shmuel.mule, Jan 8, 2015.

1. shmuel.mule

shmuel.mule Newbie

It seems to me that the iconic goose is now mandatory in Toronto. Everyone seems to have one of the famous jackets. However have any of you had experience with them? Are they way over priced ? They look pretty good but not for $700. I personally have a Columbia jacket.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Shop and compare, read the independent reviews, do your research. Research is important because we are talking about a big ticket item. AND cost is not always the determining factor in value. Fashion can be in but practicality might be out.

I had a Columbia jacket - gave it away - I damn near froze on a winter camp.

Everything has its pros and cons.
    So what do I do? Well, I can afford more than one coat - and depending on what I am doing that is what I wear.

For winter camping?
    I do have a goose feather/down coat with thick zipper, snaps, big buttons, chest cover, fur rimmed hood, mitt hangers, yada yada yada. It is perfect for temperatures that we have had recently in our area. I wouldn't want be without it when I'm sleeping out - gotta keep yourself warm (without sweating) throughout the day. :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted