1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Denims for hiking

Discussion in 'Attire' started by Alexandoy, Sep 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

Do you remember the proper attire for hiking in the olden days? My uniform was the corduroy pants that is soft but thick fabric that would protect my legs from thorns in the grassy pathways of a forested area. The long-sleeved polo shirt that is old and withered can also serve as my attire for sleeping on a rough surface. Now I see hikers in denims and sneakers like they are going to a party or simple gathering. I know that there are no rules in the outdoors but times have changed and I couldn't comprehend why the traditional outfit for hiking is not used anymore.

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

If it's warm outside I'll wear shorts, but for colder weather or if I'm worried about getting scratched up I'll wear stretch denim jeams. I used to wear loose fitting canvas pants, but they were still restrictive. The new stretch denim allow for more movement. These 2 pictures was October of last year. My wife with her stretch denim and me with mine. 1st time I ever worn them, and I do like how they stretch and allow you to move easily.

Some hiking shoes aren't any more rugged than tennis shoes. The hiking shoes I wear have a little more rugged sole and that's all. They look and feel like tennis shoes. I would guess that some people don't want to invest in another pair of shoes. Cold, wet and muddy conditions I would definitely be wearing some type of boot. I wouldn't risk my health with tennis shoes or the light weight, low top hikers. 20170930_111431.jpegView attachment 4875

Draft saved Draft deleted