1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Do you bring anything extra?

Discussion in 'Attire' started by JessiFox, Nov 10, 2014.

1. The Blacksmith

The Blacksmith Novice Camper

My dad and I have been going to Priest Lake in Idaho since I was three years old. I still remember the supplies we had that first year.
    He brought a small green pup tent, some canned food, fire starter, chainsaw, cooler with soda, an axe and sleeping bags.
    After a solid weekend of rain, he had bought a couple of blue tarps and a camp stove for the next year.
    The year after that he added a large canvas tent, more coolers and more tarps.
    By the time I was thirteen, going camping involved three tents, about ten tarps, two or three camp stoves, a tarp and PVC shower stall and a jackrabbit pump for the shower.
    Buckets! We had buckets! Many many many buckets!
    This all rubbed off on me too. The fist time I went camping by myself I made a big blue tarp city. Our entire family started to be recognized by the tarps.
    So, do I take anything extra? Yeah, a lot of buckets and tarps.

Northern Dancer likes this.
  2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

__________________________________________________________ :)

We all have something that we need to bring - even if the group doesn't agree.

Draft saved Draft deleted