1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Do you find any inappropriately dressed people while camping?

Discussion in 'Attire' started by Profit5500, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

I never camped so sue me lol. Has anyone found any people who are unfit when it comes to dressing while camping? Maybe I should make this clear have you found anyone who is inappropriately dressed while you were camping? Even if its been years since you camped or its someone you know that has had a experience with seeing inappropriately dressed people while you were camping.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

It all depends what you mean by inappropriately dressed people.

3. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

If you mean like wearing to little clothing in swamp and bugged infested areas or not being prepared for cold weather, well then yes I have. Have seen people who only wore short shorts and halter tops and forgot the bug repellent, and brought a tent that was open to the night creatures. Also people in tiny swimming suits burnt crisp by the sun on beaches and boats. Also people wearing shorts and tee shirts, for hiking and camping over night, but forgot about temp drops and rain, and thick cold fog conditions of northern Pennsylvania. Not pretty sightings. :rolleyes::woot:

4. Northern Dancer

Right on....that is indeed inappropriate AND I've seen a lot of that too. The same could be said for winter and cold climate camping.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Well what I mean is people coming in with less clothing then what they should. Like people wearing shorts and a tank top shirt to camp. Or women going around and wearing mini skirts with a see-through.

6. Northern Dancer

I don't see any of that in the camping I do. Though...occasionally the traditional skinny dip may happen. But then, it is a closed group in places where there are no others about.

Most of us are skilled and we wear what is needed and very much appropriate for the climate and terrain. In fact, some pride themselves in what they wear as fashion statements. High end brand names are purchased and in some cases some will outdo one another in the latest style. I've seen $200.00 hiking boots and coats costing the same and more. Headlamps at a price of $150.00 without a sneeze and so on. And equipment? - that is a another story.

7. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Was any of the skinny dippers female? If they were female were any of them attractive? I never really seen nudist in person just only on TV.

8. Northern Dancer

No...there were no women and we are not nudists.

9. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Bummer I guess there was no real sight then. If you were to see any women skinny dipping how would you feel about it?

10. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

People generally don't go skinny dipping around random strangers so I doubt you'll have to worry much about a parade of beautiful naked ladies crossing your path. As for nudists, they usually wear clothes in public so that probably explains why you haven't seen them.

If you do decide to go camping what it all comes down to is comfort. Nobody is going to judge your appearance or your outfit when you go camping so if you don't bring a razor or a comb that is fine and when it comes to clothes just wear what is the most comfortable and will allow you to enjoy nature without worrying about ruining your fancy duds or being in pain/discomfort because you're wearing something unsuitable.

11. Northern Dancer

12. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Lol I know the naked women idea sounded desperate but I was just curious. If all I have to worry about is comfort then I am happy. Camping should be fun and safe even though I have not been camping before but it should be fun.

So you decided to go with a cool emoticon lol? I would have used the same emoticon too if I had the chance.

13. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

You can camp in the mountains or at the beach. In my case it's the beach, so guys can go shirtless and with board shorts. Women are allowed to wear bikinis all weekend long.

14. Northern Dancer

Women simply would not be wearing bikinis in our neck of the woods. The heavy forests and such would not lend itself to this at all. It depends on what kind of camping you do. I prefer weeks at at a time and I like going into the interior away from as many people as possible, often solo. I enjoy employing camping skills and embracing the outdoor life style.

352qc2f.jpg

ta3ne9.jpg

2jdib0z.jpg

2m35hm9.jpg

campforums likes this.
  15. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

It makes me wonder how our ancestors got along in the wilderness without any protection from insects, stray branches and heavy foliage.

By the way, great pics! Does that fire pit belong to the camp site you visited?

16. Northern Dancer

My base camp has been at the Haliburton Forest for the last few years - it comes equipped with a fire pit, picnic table and a camp site outhouse.

I've thought about that too - how did our ancestors make it through the high insect season. I can imagine those Algonquin warriors of the past running through the forests as if they were on a summer holiday. I'm sure that they had there own remedies and maybe their skin texture helped. I've read some of the old journals of pioneers - and they sure had it tough. At the same time it sounded rather exciting too; there was a sense of absolute freedom and an intense determination.

17. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

On tv there was this frontier man that actually said that after being exposed by mosquitos for years, he had formed some type of immunity to it. I highly doubt an immunity to it, but I know some indigenous cultures spread mud all over their skin to protect themselves from insects and sunburn.

18. JessiFox

JessiFox Novice Camper

Haha, it all depends I suppose. I would imagine that you would find more people dressed "inappropriately" in the sense that they are not dressed adequately for the conditions, than inappropriate as in too little/revealing clothing in that sense. Or none at all or anything like that. To each their own, really, but I imagine camping in a mini-skirt would get uncomfortable pretty quickly.

19. Tim31556

Tim31556 Novice Camper

Hello
    My name is Tim
    I'm new on here. I have a nice camp up north here in pennsylvania. If any one's interested please contact me. Sure could use the company. Take care.
    Tim

20. nat

nat Newbie

HI Everyone,

Oh yes I have seen some people inappropriately dress for camping, or actually thinking that camping is like a night at the hotel... Women mainly, with high heels, white dress, bugs running after them because of how much they put perfume complaining about the washroom been too far and too stinky or getting lost finding it, the mud, the holes in the trails... and this is in well manage Provincial park campgrounds... I can't imagine them in the middle of nowhere in the bush! Yep, I'm a women 100% real, purely born and made of, lol, but I can't believe some women behave on camping like worst they would on an another planet... woweee!!! But I wish everyone find a way to relax and enjoy camping no matter how they are dress! At the worst, just get naked! woupsi! ;

Nat

Draft saved Draft deleted