1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Do you find any inappropriately dressed people while camping?

Discussion in 'Attire' started by Profit5500, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I just realized...I've never really camped with women.

In terms of the guys I've never seen anything inappropriate - we are experience trippers and sufficiently well off to enable us to purchase proper attire.

I don't know what the intention of Profit5500 in asking the question; he's never been camping. :sorry:

2. Faust

Faust Explorer

This thread is, strange..

I've seen people inappropriately dressed, prominently women.. Been camping with woman who'll put makeup on in the morning but that isn't all that strange, is it?
    I'll skinny dip without question or thought but never encountered someone skinny dipping. Closest I came was stumbling upon two teen aged males getting fairly intimate while I was trying to get a better angle for a photo of a waterfall.

3. Northern Dancer

------------------------------------------------------------ >

...aw yes...I think they call it life in the wild. :)

4. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

Many cosmetics are up to SPF 50 and are a pretty good sun screen, so putting on makeup when camping isn't that unusual.

5. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

Honestly, if they are camping, then its not considering "inappropriately dressed" unless they are naked. They are there to have fun, why should they have to keep layers of clothes on and be miserably hot, just so people don't see them as a sexual object. I know tons of women who wear bikinis 90% of their time camping. With the heat as hot as it has been, I can't say I blame them.

6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

It was not a typical campsite but one that has no facilities. Located by the side of the water dam, that campsite is heavily patronized during weekends. There were many times that I have seen campers there wearing shorts and sando and there were even some who were half-naked as if they are in their terrace. And on their way back home, they have developed rashes on their skin. I never dare to point that out to strangers, I just watch them have their time in the forest with their shorts and skimpy shirts while I with my long sleeves and denim pants.

7. katskamper

katskamper Novice Camper

..? must be taking about me. im not a fashion diva when camping. i wear a sarong when its hot. sweats& boots when its cold. ive seen skinny dippers at the lake, late night, but usually giggly young couples. couldnt see em but sometimes, we heard it. i try to be street legal. warning dear Profit5500, dont EVER camp in patrons camping at texas TRF festival. your eyeballs would pop out if you walked around camp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I've lived a sheltered life. I don't recall ever seeing people wearing cloths that seemed to me to be inappropriate. I'm trying to recall something I could even mention, failing that, I guess I lose the award for shocking stories! Lol, well that isn't do bad.

Bibsoutdoors

9. Northern Dancer

It all depends at what level you are in terms of your experience. Denim has been mentioned several times. The reality is it's never recommended for serious camping. Denim doesn't keep your warm, takes ages to dry if it becomes wet, attracts mosquitoes and other flesh biting insects and other than being a possible fashion statement has no other attributes.

I suppose that could be call inappropriate for the conditions.

I wonder though - what was the real intention of the original question?

10. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Sounds condescending to me. I've worn denim in one form or other for over 40+ years I'm no rookie, lets see, my record is -45°F with a wind chill of -65°F in the mountains of Idaho. My highs are 118°F with a low at night of 96° in Oklahoma. Not to mention everything in between. Only once did I ever question wearing denim. The only time I didn't enjoy my experience involved a bear, nothing to do with what I was wearing. By the way, I don't sleep in heated tents when I'm out in cold conditions and I don't have fans blowing in the hotter conditions. I'm serious about camping not glamping.

Bibsoutdoors

Northern Dancer likes this.
  11. Northern Dancer

it's all in the style - what you are accustomed to, how you have been trained, and comfort level. I too winter camp in tents designed for four seasons without the stove - though my sleeping bag is designed for semi arctic conditions. :)

12. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Wow. Well -45 Forget it! 96 at night shoowee to hot for me. I have camped during hot and miserable nights, and I didn't like the sweaten. Skeeters couldn't get a grip amongst all the sweat dripping off me. To hard core for me.

13. Northern Dancer

You might want to try winter camping, if you haven't already. So you can say you have done it. I frequently put two regular sleeping bags together with an insert. Trying to control the temperature inside a sleeping bag can be tricky. The insert increases the temp of the bag and yet at the same time keeps it clean. Far easier to wash in insert than clean a bag - it doesn't come cheap.

14. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

I do want to try winter camping but -45 no way. As far as inappropriate clothing haven't seen to much. Maybe bad choices of shoes for hiking and I have gotten mooned a couple of times by friends.

Sent from my E39 using Tapatalk

15. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Lol. . .mooned by friends. . .lol! 0778ed71a314cd51247d8f9cfdbb7ddc.jpg

Bibsoutdoors

Attached Files:

16. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Novice Camper

I never experienced going camping with someone who wear inappropriate clothes. Usually, men and women wear either shorts or pants and rubber shoes because it's more comforting. However, there is this one girl who was my colleague when I was still working in an office and she told us that they are going camping and it would be her first time and didn't know what to wear. Well we told her to wear a casual one like shirts and shorts or pants and rubber shoes, whichever is comfy for her. Then after a few days, she said their camping was horrible because she wasn't able to hike properly because she was wearing a high cut boots with a 4 inches heels. Didn't know what she was thinking :(

17. Tim31556

Tim31556 Novice Camper

18. Tim31556

Tim31556 Novice Camper

I'd love to get naked while I'm camping. I have found out wearing pantyhose keeps the bugs off of ya. FB_IMG_1537146176206.jpg

19. Tim31556

Tim31556 Novice Camper

I could never get so lucky to find anyone camping in a mini skirt. I have worn pantyhose to keep the bugs off of me. They really work

Draft saved Draft deleted