1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Do you take your camera along camping?

Discussion in 'Attire' started by happyflowerlady, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

:nailbiting:

With the crew in the canoe directing him he finally retrieved it (the camera) from the drink and yes the photography was saved. You know...I should be replacing my camera too.

campforums likes this.
  2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That's good to hear, was the water clear enough that you guys could see it on the bottom?

3. Northern Dancer

____________________________________________________________ :)

The water was gorgeous and beautifully warm and clear to the bottom.

4. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie Novice Camper

I don't leave the house without my camera. Its the lens that I see a lot of my camping trips through. I have a wonderful collection of photographs that make me smile in memory of the times I saw those particular things in person. My décor is mostly Niagara Falls photographs but I do catch sunrises and sunsets over water that earned their place on my walls. And I also think a camera is a great way to start conversations that last a lifetime with your fellow campers. Quite a few campers have asked that I email them photos and we still chat on email years later.

5. Northern Dancer

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ :)

Hope we get a chance to see some of pictures. Niagara Falls..yep I know that place - about a leisurely one and half hours from my neck of the woods.

6. Camp6

Camp6 Novice Camper

I have a Nikon D60 camera that I usually never leave behind. I like taking photos of every new place that I visit for my future reference. I do upload most of those photos to my online storage account and also print some of them. I also like taking short videos that I usually upload to YouTube. Nowadays I have more subscribers who like watching my content.

7. Northern Dancer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :)

Eager to see some of your pictures.

8. HikingHans

HikingHans Novice Camper

Absolutely, 100% of the time, I take along a camera. I'm no professional photographer, but there are pictures that just have to be taken. Alas, my 2012-vintage Canon finally died last week, but I have a replacement on the way from Amazon.

9. gracer

gracer Explorer

I do remember those good old days with all the films we had to bring along every time we had a family trip. I think that if there's one thing that we always make sure to bring whenever we do activities such as hiking and camping is to never forget the camera. We just feel like our moments would not be complete if we don't have snap shots of them. Back when films were still the thing, we would always make sure that we have them printed immediately after every trip so we could finally see our frozen moments in our adventures. :)

10. HikingHans

HikingHans Novice Camper

I do carry camera most every time I go hiking and camping. I never really got into the smart phone thing (though my next mobile phone will be one), but I've found a mid-cost, decent quality digital camera is great for taking a snap shot of something beautiful or unusual. I can also stroll down memory lane whenever I care to with such pics. :)

11. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

The first digital camera I had was 2008. It had a postage stamp size screen, and couldn't even see what I was taking a picture of. We took it on a hike in the smokey mtns that year. The pictures looked great on a computer. Now I use my smart phone, and I take lots of pictures, and then sort through them later.

12. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I had countless of camping trips when I was younger and those trips were all in the wild like forest, mountain, dam and riverside. It is just sad that I had no camera so I have lost the memories that could have been proven by pictures. In this digital age and me with my digital camera, I always have it when we go camping. However, the camping now is in resorts which have facilities. No more camping in the wilderness with an air gun.

13. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

I am not the biggest photographer out there, but I do have some friends who are and they certainly insist on having their cameras with them, and it usually pays off. The photos are just nicer than the ones gotten on the phone.

14. 3CATTS

3CATTS Novice Camper

I have been using my phone for pictures for some time now. I am never quite happy with the pictures when they are printed out. Not sure if it is the modern printing systems or the resolution of the image, but I am thinking about pulling my old Nikon back out. Might be fun even just for the nostalgia alone.

15. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

My wife has an old canon 25mm. It's one those old ones that you actually have to put a roll of film in it, and then send it off to have it developed so you can see what you took a picture of... it has some pretty expensive lenses with to. It does take great pictures. I use my cell phone. It does just fine for me, and I can send and post pictures on the spot, if I have a good signal. Another good tool is weather satellite. It has saved my tail end lots of times when I have to dodge quickly emerging thunder storms.

16. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

I just downloaded one of those photo-scanning apps on my iPad and iPhone, and started scanning in some of the old photos that my folks took when I was a kid growing up, and some that were from way before I was even born. Mom had bunches of pictures of things like the San Diego Zoo, back in 1930, and some beautiful places in California that I had never heard of.
    Some of the pictures, she had written about on the back; but even then, I had no clue what the picture was representing some of the time.
    I think that this is one of the benefits of digital photography that I really like. Not only can I scan in the old photos for my kids and grandkids to see; but I can write about the ones that I remember so that when they look at the picture, they should at least be able to tell what I was taking a picture of.
    Plus, we can print them out in any size. Some of those old, old pictures my mom took are only a few inches wide, besides being in black and white or sepia.
    Here is one from 1930 of my folks in the old Nash exploring some place in Southern California.

Attached Files:

17. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Are there still places that sell film? Are there still places that develop film????

Bibsoutdoors

18. Northern Dancer

...good question. Generally old technology. What ever happened to the ol' Brownie Hawkeye?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxIVmZbpa_BpMEyzeCETtL1I33U4SspEPxctlgcrel8GCptl1HPg.jpg ???
    Anyway - I've budgeted for an action camera this summer season.

19. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Novice Camper

It would be a great idea to bring a camera when going camping :D Well I believe it's one of those things that most campers, if not all, bring with them to take pictures of the scenery and every moments during camping. Back when we were still camping, I don't bring any camera because of the fact that I still don't have any and that was way back 2000's I think. Too bad I wasn't able to capture those wonderful and fun moments with my classmates so I'll have pictures to look at to reminisce :(

20. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

Most cell phones have good quality camera on them nowadays, at least the smartphones do. Unless you need to take very high quality photographs for some reason, just using your cell phone camera will give you a good enough picture to save and look back at the memories.
    Both my son and my daughter have expensive cameras, and they really enjoy photography; but even so, many of the pictures that they post are ones that they have taken with their iPhones. Since we normally have our phone along most places we go; it can do double duty as both a phone and a camera. Plus, it has a built-in flashlight, so one little gadget is hand for a lot of reasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted